ADA Preamps > MP-2

RIP Ada. I give up.

(1/3) > >>

losman26:
I bought an mp2 and microtube months ago, and am giving up on the amp because it has failed me the two times I have brought it outside of the house. At this point it is too fragile, and I don't want to spend hours fixing it, only to not trust it. The other night I had the worst equipment failure ever, and the next day ordered the EVH 5150 el-34 50 watt head. This is what I'm gonna roll with. When I have time I will work on fixing the AdA, and just use it at home.

rnolan:
Hey losman26, bummer, nothing worse than gear failure  :facepalm: .

vansinn:
All of these devices are getting old, which doesn't mean burned out.
However, anyone buying old gear should give it a full overhaul:

Replace all electrolytic capacitors (not just the PSU caps)
Replace potmeters with modern conductive plastic types
Replace the rectifier bridge in the PSU
Replace small diodes near heat sources
Replace high-ohm carbon resistors in the tube plate and grid sections with metal-oxide resistors
Replace jacks with build-in switch
Inspect all solders
Clean all connectors and the fuse holder contact points
Clean, or at least massage, all ic sockets.

Hope you get the stuff fixed at a later point, dude ;)

losman26:
I just don't have time to work on it. Effects loop was all of a sudden having volume problems too. I financed the el-34 5150 amp, which kicks ass. It will be here Wednesday and I think it is a much better amp, but the ADA served its purpose.

Dante:
I feel your pain, my mp2 sounds amazing, but keeps crapping out at the most inopportune times. I am relying on my Viper combo because is simply has less miles on it. Unfortunately, I am not skilled enough to fix these things.

So, I bring the combo and I bring an extra rig too: a Tech21 FlyRig RK5 and a Crate powerblock amp....just in case.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version