ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please note "Depot New Registrations Temporarily Suspended" Please see discussions for how to register.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello from Copenhagen in the land of the Danes  (Read 12579 times)

Ravendk

• Bassist from Hell
Re: Hello from Copenhagen in the land of the Danes
« Reply #15 on: Time Format »

@rnolan...nice rig you have there yourself.....

Regarding a 240v transformer for the B500B it must be possible to approach a company that can make one / several units that will serve the the purpose with the right specs and size....

Another interesting power amp that could do the job would either be a Trace Elliot PPA600 ( 2x300w in 4ohm ) or the PPA1200 ( 2x600w in 4ohm ). These power amp were built for use with fx the Trace Elliot GP12SMX preamp and will surely be great a MB-1....

In the photo with all the black amps and cabs there at also the 3 different pedal boards that I use for each band I'm playing in....the board to the left is collection of EBS pedals incl a Valve-drive...it's a stereo setup that goes with the two stacks of 2x10 combo amps and the 15" cabs beneath them...

The second board in the middle is made up of the series of brown bass pedals from Boss and a 5 way Trace Elliot foot switch to control the amp head . It goes with one of the 300w amp heads in the picture.....

The two largest amp heads in the photo is the 500w head and the 1000w head. The 500w head is mono and the 1000w head can either be run as a 2x500 head in mono with a build in crossover or a tri-amp with 2x250w in stereo above 150-200Hz and with 500w at your disposal for the frequencies below....I'm using the 1000w amp to drive the 2 1x18" cabs in the photo and the 2 4x10" cabs that are on top of the 18" bins....the pedal board to the right is also brown Boss pedals and an EBS Valvedrive. All boards also has a wireless system and all setups are in use on a weekly basis....

The small stack to the far right is the one I use for practice at home.....
I only play one scale - The Richter scale

Ravendk

• Bassist from Hell
« Reply #16 on: Time Format »

Here's a picture of the EBS board incl the wireless....I'll try to look for some photos of the other two boards...

Kim

• Administrator
  • If it's too Loud...you're gonna get more of THAT.
« Reply #17 on: Time Format »

Welcome!   :wave:

Let me be the first one here to tell you......that you should daisy-chain all those amps together!   :banana-trip:

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #18 on: Time Format »

Wauw nice setup.Do you like the EBS octabass pedal?

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
« Reply #19 on: Time Format »

Jeeeezus! Did you buy a music store that went outta business?  :lol: That's a lot of TE gear man! I have a lot of Ibanez guitars... but, dang.

Nice rig(s) you got there, I'm sure there's no issue being heard onstage  :thumb-up:

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #20 on: Time Format »

Hey Ravendk, SC looked into getting a transformer made for me (by a German company), I even had the US tranny shipped to Germany so they could sus it out more (I initially got Boweevil (in the US) to remove it before sending the B500b to MJMP when I bought it to save weight/shipping). upshot was it couldn't be done  :dunno: . At least then MJMP had a working tranny to service the amp, which is now good to go but still with him in Belgium. Postage to Australia is just out there  :facepalm: , especially when it goes over 10 kgs.

So last night I was thinking what to put on the other side of the stage (guitar wise) to your mammoth rig, so (in my head) I settled on 3 x ADA slant split stacks and 3 x ADA split stacks per channel (so 6 of each  >:D ) with either a bunch of B200s amps (probably 6, one for each L/R pair) or better (if you could find them) 6 x G500s  :whoohoo!: .
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

Iperfungus

• Methodical killers do good jobs!
« Reply #21 on: Time Format »

Welcome!   :wave:

Let me be the first one here to tell you......that you should daisy-chain all those amps together!   :banana-trip:

BIG BANG!  :banana-upsidedown:
On the run again!

vansinn

« Reply #22 on: Time Format »

This thing about the Richter Scale..  seems like competition to the HAARP.. :bow:

Ravendk

• Bassist from Hell
« Reply #23 on: Time Format »

@Dante.....
Most of the TE that I own I have bought used over a period of 20 years, so even though It looks like a huge collection, I got the hole bunch one or two pieces at a time. Some of the amps were bought with different issues or as non working, and little by little I did the repairs and got them up and running again....
I prefer to have some headroom, so even though I don't play insanely loud on stage, I would hate not to be able to follow both the drummer and usually two guitars....the only person to complain about the sound level is most often the sound guy....kinda like "you need to turn that amp a little...your louder than the PA".... ;D

@MJMP....I think that the Octabass is quite ok for the upper notes....with the low notes it gets a little muddy...

@Iperfungus....not a bad idea to daisy chain the whole thing... >:D

@Dante....this virtual setup would be a killer setup... :whoohoo!: >:D :bow: >:D
Regarding the tranny for the B500B....of course it can be done...don't take no for an answer....
Do you, MJMP or somebody else have some specs on the tranny or could do the measurements ....mainly the size ( if it has fit into a predefined space, secondary voltages, current draw for the outtake(s) on the the secondary side of the tranny and the overall VA.....this would give us something to work with....there are some pretty competent tranny companies here in DK that do custom orders for specific purposes....it would definitely be worth a try... ::)
Yeah, international shipping can really make you dig deep in the pockets..... >:(

@van sinn....thanks again for letting me buy your MB-1....man, I really lovethe sound of it and I'm now on the hunt for a power amp that would fit with it....

Iperfungus

• Methodical killers do good jobs!
« Reply #24 on: Time Format »

@Iperfungus....not a bad idea to daisy chain the whole thing... >:D

That was Kim's suggestion...

I just figured out the final effect...  :headbanger:
On the run again!

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #25 on: Time Format »

Some info

Ravendk

• Bassist from Hell
« Reply #26 on: Time Format »

Hi MJMP
Thanks for the PDF....
Check this thread....rnolan has moved it to
http://adadepot.com/index.php?topic=1783.0
Regards
Ravendk

Ravendk

• Bassist from Hell
« Reply #27 on: Time Format »

Hi MJMP....
Do you have rnolan's B500Bi n for maintenance or do you have a B500B yourself.......if so, could I ask you to take some photos of the guts of the amp, especially of the area around the tranny and of the tranny itself from multiple sides/angles..
Could I also ask you, if possible, to measure the AC voltage before the rectifier on the secondary side of the tranny, both loaded and unloaded. I would also like to know the DC voltage after the rectifier and and the big psu caps.....just want to be sure that I have the right values for the tranny, before I start to source a company to make a 230/240V tranny for the B500B....

Could I ask you to post the whole thing in the B500B amplifier thread

Regards
Ravendk

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
« Reply #28 on: Time Format »

Hi Ravendk,

Welcome to the Depot! A lot of nice gear you have there :thumb-up:

Harley 8)
I only have two brain cells left, ...and I'm saving them for the weekend!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up