ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Temp "Time Format" issue Fix in Discussions

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: So I've bought some cheap pickups  (Read 28954 times)

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
    • Rabid Bitch of the North band facebook
Re: So I've bought some cheap pickups
« Reply #45 on: Time Format »

SC how did you embed that youtube video?  I went to embed one and it didn't work either?  see below

SC edit..

edit...
original
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/cIGCAGRbEVE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
« Last Edit: Time Format by rabidgerry »
"whadda ya want? we want Heavy Metal"

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50
Cabs: 4 x Bugera 2 x 12"
Midi Controller: Behringer FCB1010

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #46 on: Time Format »

Works....second one sounds juicy, dig it!

these aren't for anything other than comparison of pickup and I have no uploaded the other pickup yet for comparison.

I posted two clean clips earlier, I'll stick those on sound cloud too.  f**king annoying me that I can't embed it!

https://soundcloud.com/rabidgerry/dp100-clean-with-pick

https://soundcloud.com/rabidgerry/dp100-clean-finger-picked

https://soundcloud.com/rabidgerry/dp100-crunch

https://soundcloud.com/rabidgerry/dp100-medium-hi-gain

https://soundcloud.com/rabidgerry/dp100-medium-hi-gain-2

[/soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/rabidgerry/dp100-medium-hi-gain-2]https://soundcloud.com/rabidgerry/dp100-medium-hi-gain-2[/soundcloud]

Note all clips bar the clean expand into double tracking after some playing using a single track to begin with.

I'll post the Calig 32 after this and then do up A/B clips to hear side by side.

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL

Systematic Chaos

• Administrator
  • Blood type: Becks Positive
« Reply #48 on: Time Format »

SC how did you embed that youtube video?  I went to embed one and it didn't work either?  see below

Click "modify" on your post and check the way I entered it ;-)

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #49 on: Time Format »

Click "modify" on your post and check the way I entered it ;-)

How can I see how you embedded it by looking at my post?

I see what you mean.  Still doesn't work for the soundcloud code.  How the f*ck did you know how to do that with the youtube code?  Why have the code if the way I posted it if it doesn't work where as all you did was with the url between that.

:facepalm: >:(

[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/231677561" params="auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true" width="100%" height="450" iframe="true"/]

[soundcloud url="https://soundcloud.com/rabidgerry/calig-h32-clean-with-pick" params="color=ff5500&auto_play=true&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false" width="100%" height="166" iframe="true" /]

[cloudset]https://soundcloud.com/rabidgerry/dp100-medium-hi-gain[/cloudset]

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
« Reply #50 on: Time Format »

Sorry Gerry, we are limited to the 'shortcodes' of the forum software that we have. Because this forum software is free, it has it's limitations. Richard and I have talked about trying new things in a development type atmosphere, but I'm a lagger in that regard  :wave:

Let me look into options with the existing setup, there may be a third party plugin out there. Y'never know.

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #51 on: Time Format »

not it's ok Dante  ;)

at least I know what it is.  I was thinking there was something wrong with the code just.  I can live without the embedding feature but I was only pursuing that route as I was unable to upload anymore wav files.  Even after Richard increased the limit I still could not upload a 14.1mb wav file.  I'll just post soundcloud links in future.

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #53 on: Time Format »

The DP100 sounds better then the H32 which i find sounds really thin.My 2 cents.

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #54 on: Time Format »

The DP100 sounds better then the H32 which i find sounds really thin.My 2 cents.

Hmmmm I take your point and I see what you are getting at.

But I don't agree.  It wouldn't take much to balance that.  I could tap any amount of bottom end from the EQ should I chose.  I always record guitar with hardly any bass because it all gets cut out anyways in a mix because that's what bass guitar and kick are for.  But I see what you mean.

I did say early in the post that was the only real difference between the two, a bit of bottom end. But I also hear the DP100 has a different mid range but it's more detectable with a clean sound I find.

I'll make A/B clips also.

Systematic Chaos

• Administrator
  • Blood type: Becks Positive
« Reply #55 on: Time Format »

I have to agree with MJMP! Although the H32 doesn´t sound bad I miss the complexity in the mids (what I tend to call juice or cream).
DiMarzios are very characteristic in there and to my tastes, in direct comparison, I prefer the (low-)mid crunch that the DP100 gives

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #56 on: Time Format »

for $18 you could do a hell of a lot worse.  I think it performs really well.

That said I agree where it differs in comparison although I'm not gonna say there is huge amounts of difference when you hear them back to back.  Certainly none that the audience will hear. 

It doesn't sound bad at all.  Thinner than the dimarzio yes.  Then again it could sound different in a different guitar.  The strat I put it into may not suit it at all.  Perhaps it would suit a darker guitar??

I think the single coils sound good.  I must post some clips of them too.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #57 on: Time Format »

not it's ok Dante  ;)

at least I know what it is.  I was thinking there was something wrong with the code just.  I can live without the embedding feature but I was only pursuing that route as I was unable to upload anymore wav files.  Even after Richard increased the limit I still could not upload a 14.1mb wav file.  I'll just post soundcloud links in future.
I tried to upload it also with limit increase and it wouldn't work (took me off to start a new topic ??). May be other settings we need to look at. Mike and I were discussing it Friday night thinking it may be a MySQL data type size issue, but it gets stored in an attachment directory and referenced, not as a DB blob data type, the DB just has posts, references and meta data.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #58 on: Time Format »

no pickup analysis Richard?   :(  I did the clean stuff just for you  :lol:

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #59 on: Time Format »

Hey RG, Sorry, have been flat out and totally stressed with work  :facepalm: , I'll try and have a listen later tonight.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up