ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Let us never forget our beloved founder - RIP Jurrie, we all miss you very much

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: What Guitar Polish/cleaner do you use ?  (Read 9681 times)

dazzyB

Re: What Guitar Polish/cleaner do you use ?
« Reply #15 on: Time Format »

To get ingrained muck I breathe on the neck to loosen the grime, then use elbow grease. Then after a thorough clean I'll use Gibson polish
Darren
Ibanez RG550DSY
ADA MP1 3TM
Alesis Quadraverb

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
Re: What Guitar Polish/cleaner do you use ?
« Reply #16 on: Time Format »

I have accidentally sprayed lemon oil on the body of my guitar several times (thinking it was the Formula 65), and it does a good job of cleaning the guitar too :)
That's all I use on the guitar body, cleans it really well, I've never used polish on the Anderson, the lemon oil just cleans, doesn't polish as such (typically polish involves scratching the surface (albeit very fine scratches)). If your guitar is finished with nitrocellulose lacquer, you can use a lambswool buffing wheel (on your drill), this melts the lacquer and takes out the polish scratches. If you really need to polish your guitar, use brasso but make sure your keep working the same brasso (don't reapply more) as it breaks down to keep taking out it's scratches, then buff. After that just keep clean with lemon oil (though not on unfinished finger boards as most lemon oil has water in it and it swells the wood grains). Although there are some that don't IIRC from a previous post.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up