ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Let us never forget our beloved founder - RIP Jurrie, we all miss you very much

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: cheers from California, originally from Chile.  (Read 6613 times)

gatopanzon

Hi everybody, just got an ADA MP1 from Ebay and looking for info on mods I found this forum. I’m from Chile (SudAmerica) but I've been living in California for years. Also play bass (Peavey T-40 + GK MB150). I love Gallien Kreuger gear and I spend a lot of time on Ebay looking for 80’s preams and power amps. this is my setup at this moment (Edit: just got a couple Yamaha SPX 50D). I use the GK 100MPL as main preamp (to insert return on the  GK 2100 LE), SPX on one of the stereo inputs and the MP1 in the FX loop.
Here’s some pictures  :banana-rock: :banana-rock: :banana-rock:

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member

Personally I'd build the sound around the MP1 and not use it as an effect (although I did initially do this while I transitioned off my '72 Marshall 50, long time ago...).  Also I'd change the tubes to Mullard short plates and enjoy the 3D difference.
Important, Run the Mp1 in stereo, I like GK stuff but IMHO the MP1 will be a much better preamp, just MP1 and GK power amp (or is that built in (ie GK is pre amp and power amp combined ?, and which bit is digital (blah digital....ok for effects not good for main preamp), in which case I'd go guit > MP1 > GK eff rtn, GK poweramp > cabs ?, but only one return ends up mono...) so better use MP1 A/B outs > 2 mono jacks to stereo jack > GK stereo Aux in) > amp > 2 x cabs  :thumb-up: . Put effects in MP1 loop ?
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

McLeanAB

• Adam's Music

Man!

I had all the GK guitar gear at one point... the 250l, the 2000cpl and the 100mpl.  The 100mpl was a BEAST.  Not like the other GK stuff... dude, if you ever want to sell that 100mpl, shoot me a PM... I've regretted getting rid of mine... it's a very underrated preamp and had a short time on the market....
-Adam
ISP Theta Preamp, ISP Theta PRO, ISP Theta Combo and Vector 2x12 with Celestion Alnico Creams, and Charvel Wildcards with EMGs!

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net

Hey GP,welcome to the depot!Impressive collection of G&K gear.But like Nolan says why use the mp-1 as an insert?

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento

Welcome to the Depot Gatopanzan!

BTW: I know very little Spanish, but I caught on to your name ;)

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member

Welcome to the Depot Gatopanzan :wave:

Nice GK gear, but you can get all the GK tones with the MP-1 in a rig by itself, so I have to agree with the others on that point. You can definitely shape the SS voice in the MP-1 to reproduce any solid state amp out there.

Harley 8)
I only have two brain cells left, ...and I'm saving them for the weekend!
Pages: [1]   Go Up