ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need a Schematic? Check the Vault *MP-1 Classic Schematics Just Added!!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: The rackstar ADA should do  (Read 14809 times)

Chamai

Re: The rackstar ADA should do
« Reply #15 on: Time Format »

From a business standpoint, i think ADA should make a rack pre amp and not a pedal.

a lot of companies have pre amps in pedal form already. a lot of people think they can get a cranked plexi tone with there $300 bogner red pedal plugged into whatever amp they have. what they fail to realize is the entire signal chain from guitar- pedals- pre amp- power section- cab is what defines the over all sound. having a pedal marketed as "the plexi sound" won't make your 20 watt solid state sound like a 100 watt plexi.

ADA is not as well known as they once were 30 years ago. Most stores don't even carry their products. they need to make a product that stands out like they once did. people who rely on pedals to get their distortion may want this pedal. but what about the guys like me who like to get their distortion through crank the shit out of their power section and boosting it even more? i wouldn't need to buy this pedal because i get my overdrive from the power section.

IMO (dont' take offense anyone) the key to a good distortion is from a cranked power section. the power section really defines the sound of the amp. hooking up my MP1 to my mesa sounds completely different than hook it up to my marshalls. i don't run my od1 and od2 that high. i rely on my power section to get those saturated tones.

end of the day, to non ADA users, a pedal form mp3 is just like a distortion pedal with tubes in it. mesa and h&k has one and it doesn't seem all that popular. what will make the ADA stand out compared to the rest?

if i had a say, i would want a full tube head from ADA and show Marshall how a hot rodded Marshall should sound like. Most people who bought into the ADA in the past wanted that hot rodded JCM 800 tone anyways. also. no built in effects and other BS. save that for companies who actually makes effects. 30 years later, we are still using the MP1. do you think 30 years later, we will be using that new ADA pedal. MOST people prefer the jcm 800 to anything recent that marshall has came up because they got it right in the past already. I would improve the MP1. Make the eq more controllable. built in parametric (furman pq3) style. ADA got the mp1 right in the past. expand on it. Marshall should of done what Friedman, Bogner is doing. These guys expanded on what Marshall got it right 30 years ago.

i love to show off my ADA logo when i have the chance to. no one can see what pedals i am using if it's on the floor.
ADA MP1/JCM800-- Fulltone TERC/ Eventide Eclipse /Lexicon PCM 81/ TC G Major. Marshall 9005 stereo/ (2) Rocktron 1x12 cabs
Amps:
Marshall JCM 800 100w on Orange 2x12
Marshall JCM 900 MKiii 50W 2x12
Mesa Dual Rectifier 100w on Mesa Rectifier 2x12

Guitars:
2008 Gibson Les Paul standard
2012 Fender American standard Telecaster
1984 Krammer ZX30H

GuitarBuilder

« Reply #16 on: Time Format »

I like the idea of a 3-4 tube MP-1 reissue, but with a redesigned easier to use front panel.  I'm thinking rotary and slider encoders with LED status.  I would include tube reverb, but no other effects (parallel and series effects loops available). I would pair it up with a redesigned dedicated floor board (not MIDI), much like the Kemper or Helix floor boards, using industrial-grade CAT6 cable; a novel concept might be to be able to add effects via the floor board, either as physical modules or digital models.  Add an editor for Mac/PC via USB connection.

It should be offered with a matching 100W tube power amp.  Add a cool head cabinet that holds both and is about the size of a smaller Marshall so it can be carried around conveniently and placed on top of 4x12s.
ADA and Rockman Heads
Marshall amps
Strats and Les Pauls

Kim

• Administrator
  • If it's too Loud...you're gonna get more of THAT.
« Reply #17 on: Time Format »

I'm with Chamai on that aspect; an actual all-tube 50-60 watt amp head would be a great idea. 
« Last Edit: Time Format by Kim »

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
    • Rabid Bitch of the North band facebook
« Reply #18 on: Time Format »

So I mix tube SS and digital with my setup.  To me that's a finger in all pies.

Gonna piss on some corn flakes here by saying I think there is a heavy bias towards valves in general at the depot and perhaps it taints anything other than this.  Just somthing I've noticed.  Personal preference is fine, each to their own, but it shouldn't be "one way is the only way" or "one way is the best way".  Best way for you may be???

I believe a good sound is a good sound myself, and I don't care how it's made.  There is not one way to skin a cat.  I have heard tones from SS and tube on records I love so I will not side with either.  My own choice of gear has come down to A)finance , B)practicality and C) Taste/How it sounds and yes in that order.

So what makes the ADA B200s so special?  To me it has nothing more than any other basic SS power amp in regards to features, so why do I sense a candle burning for this particular amp?  Is this a full range amp or has it some sort of guitar tailored frequency range?

One of the best SS power amps I have read about is the Mosvalve MV-982.  It at least has a presence knob.  Again, not really any idea what makes it better than any other SS power amp, but I assume there is some guitar tailoring to it's frequency range.

In reference to the topic, ADA will never make a new rack, unless it reall kicks off again.  However (and I do not know if I am part of this, or if I was just before it) but rack gear is getting a little more popular again.  I noticed after a year or two after getting my first MP1.  And I think kids at our shows who have seen me with rack shit take note of the gear use, and I'm sure others using rack are rubbing off on the kids at their shows in the same way.

@Kim, sure if they make an amp cool, it wouldn't interest me personally though as I've gone to rack amp setup.

@GuitarBuilder, yes this would be good, 3-4 tube new preamp.  But I wouldn't want it called a re-issue, just the next model of the same line perhaps, so ADA-MP3 or ADA-3TP so you don't have the awful confusion with MP3 audio files.
« Last Edit: Time Format by rabidgerry »
"whadda ya want? we want Heavy Metal"

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50
Cabs: 4 x Bugera 2 x 12"
Midi Controller: Behringer FCB1010

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
« Reply #19 on: Time Format »

@ Chamai,

ADA was best known for rack gear, not guitar amps, even though they were trying to move in that direction towards the end, before they disappeared. As I pointed out in my earlier post, for the current ADA team to design and build a new rack based on the MP-1's simplicity, but would stand up to the sounds of today's amplifiers, would be a very expensive risk for them. Maybe, (this is pure speculation on my part), if they had not disappeared in 1994, and had been around making amps, and such all this time it might be a different story. But that's something no one could know for sure, because they've been gone a long time. So now they're back, and I'm sure funds and resources are very limited for them at the present time, and they are basically starting like a new company that has never been around before. The current market is very different for them than it was back in the 70's. Sadly, guitar-based arena rock isn't at the top of the charts these days, but electronic based loops with weird vocorder induced vocals creating syrupy melodies is what's in the Top 40. Hard Rock and Metal are basically underground these days. So, from a business standpoint, a new ADA rack is an expensive and risky proposition at the present time.

I partially agree with you about how the power amp section is an essential part of the overall tone of the electric guitar, but  I think you are leaving something out of your equation. The preamp, and how it hits the poweramp in the front end of it is what determines how the overdrive come out to the speakers. This was an argument I had with ADA a long time ago before they disappeared, was that the preamp over powering the front end of the power amp combined, was what made the kind of overdrive that everyone loved out of a guitar amplifier, but by then, the T100S was already out of production, as it was getting too expensive to make, and sales weren't that good for it.
    As for the amp head, maybe if ADA had been around to support the line of combo amps they were making, and growing their catalog of guitar amplifiers, they would have eventually worked up a 100 Watt tube beast that could go toe to toe with the best of them. But they vanished only a few short months after they introduced their combos.

@Guitar Builder,

It would be nice to see a system like you describe from ADA, but I disagree with the proprietary floorboard concept. MIDI should be kept in place because it makes it more accessible to other market controllers, and is more economically feaseable, but definitely the addition of USB for connectivity to a Mac or PC is a good idea, for recording into a DAW direct. And as an afterthought, it's also a good idea for editing the parameters of the preamp in your laptop, maybe even to download updates to the software to keep the preamp current.

@ Gerry,

Yeah brother, there is a heavy bias that leans towards the valve amplifiers here, but that's because those of us who were fortunate enough to experience a good quality valve amp, with speaker cabs that matched up to them, have heard and even felt the difference that it makes. No one here has laid down the law and stated that this is the only way it should be done, we've only stated that this is something that we personally prefer for our own guitar tastes.
    I agree with you fully on the fact that a good sound is exactly that, a good sound, and it doesn't matter what you use to get it. I stated that in an earlier post on this topic, about how everyone who knows what kind of tone they are looking for, will go after that tone on any gear they end up buying. Brand names really mean nothing when you can get what you are after from the gear you are able to afford.
   I also agree with your statement about ADA making a new rack system, because racks are in the underground scene right now and not in the mainstream. I also wouldn't buy an ADA amp head if they came out with one either, since I never bought or even tried out any of the ADA combo amps they had out before they vanished. I had too much money, time and effort invested in my rack gear at that point to just simply drop it and follow that new trend. I've never been one to follow trends anyway. I've always used whatever worked for me to give me the tone I was after. Even in the 90's, when I would go buy a piece of rack equipment that I needed, I would hear some of the sales guys tell me that racks weren't in fashion anymore. I would always reply with the fact that racks, like amplifiers were only tools, not clothing, something they weren't smart enough to see. It pissed off a few of them HAH!
   As for your tone, I like the tone you're getting, and I believe you are going about it the right way for you, as I have heard a lot of your music already. (Still waiting on that album to see how it pans out as a body of work). I've turned on a few people here locally to RBOTN, and so far, the reaction seems to be positive. It may please you to know that some of the guitar players that I've let hear a couple of the songs, have all commented about your guitar tone in a positive way also. A few like me, have compared it to vintage Priest tones.
   I also agree with the MP3 label. "MP" was a designation for MIDI Preamp, but if they add USB to it, what would that be, MUP-1, or UMP-1? Does it then become a Pre-UMP? :lol:
I only have two brain cells left, ...and I'm saving them for the weekend!

Iperfungus

• Methodical killers do good jobs!
« Reply #20 on: Time Format »

Guess what?

At the end, I own a MP-1 (pimped by MJMP) with a good MIDI digital fx unit, a good MIDI board, a tube power amp and a cabinet.
And I own a tube amp with some good stomps (and the Bogner Ecstasy Red is a very good preamp pedal that sounds awesome with ANY amp you connect it to....who cares about "plexi sounds"?  :lol:).
I can work out my personal sounds from any of this items.

ADA and other producers can do what they want.
I can survive with my gear for the next 50 years.  :headbanger: :headbanger: :headbanger:

On the run again!

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #21 on: Time Format »

Haha a Pre-ump good one Harley  :thumb-up:
But I can understand what you're trying to say Harley, back in the 80's we didn't have a lot of stuff available, but what was available was good. Now there's a lot more, a lot cheaper but it doesn't sound so good. Maybe it's a generation thing  >:D

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #22 on: Time Format »

Sometimes it does feel like "according to the law of tubes..................we say NO"

Ok for me, I don't care, a good sound is a good sound.

For you guys thinking older stuff is better, well I dunno, who determines what is better globally?

I will make this point, you guy's all respect Wagener right?  You all love his use of the MP1 too and how he championed it for so long right?

Well guy's he's ditched it for a Kemper.  If shit really wasn't as good or on par with older stuff surely a guy like Mick Wagener is going to be able to tell, after all he is older generation?

That's all I can say.

Now I don't play modern tube amps, or old ones for that matter, but I have tried both and they just didn't work out for me.  So there is no difference to me in regards to this.

However I have sought out older equipment to achieve something I want sonically (I can't name what it is as I haven't the words).

Could I get the tones I wanted from the gear I was using in the early years......well yes I could, but I experimented and morphed things around and my taste changed and developed and now I'm using tube preamps.  OLD gear from the 80's.  And my FX unit is 21 years old as well.  In fact nothing I use is modern by today's standards.

Do I think I could swap all the older stuff for newer stuff to replicate?  I dunno, I can't answer it until I try all the new stuff.  Will I try the new stuff?  Nope because I'm happy exploring and developing at my own pace.  I'll not rule it out though.

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
« Reply #23 on: Time Format »

Gerry,

I do like Wagener's work, at least some of it that he has done in the past, but the fact that he endorses the Kemper, doesn't mean a lot. Of course, he touts it off as a Profiler rather than a modeller, but that's a different angle for a sales pitch, The truth is, his world is in a studio. A high dollar studio with all the possible equipment that none of us here would be able to afford without taking a 2nd mortgage on our homes. What does this mean? It means whatever tones he can't quite reproduce, or, "profile" accurately in the Kemper, he can compensate, and manipulate it with the gear and software in his studio. Does he take the Kemper out and play it in a live situation with a band? No. How then can he know how it would act in that situation? He can't.
   So, am I going to rush out and drop $5000 on the Kemper toaster oven? Not likely.

Oh, and I just realized that I didn't answer your question in my last post, and that would be "YES" the B200S does have an EQ curve designed specifically for the guitar. That's been posted in several topics here.
   Once again, the preference for the B200S, (speaking strictly for myself), is just a matter of personal taste, based on my comparisons of them and the Microtube power amps, as well as a couple of the Marshall valvestate power amps. Does that mean you have to choose that? No. It just means we like those compared to the other ADA SS power amps. After all, this is an ADA Forum.

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #24 on: Time Format »

That's not really what I meant in regards to Wagener.

What I'm saying is, he is of the same generation as you guys (I think) and he is able to use these modern gadgets without turning his nose up or thinking the old stuff is better.  He's thinking, this new shit can do the old shit  :whoohoo!: no more tube issues etc

He basically said he has a bunch of vintage amps and preamps in his studio now that he hasn't used in quite some time (what a shame).  So if he hasn't, he pretty much has moved on.

Oh and all the jiggery pokery he has to do to get the Kemper sounding right (and lets face it, that's a guess as we don't know what he does or how easy it is), he has had to do that with tube amps and preamps at some point also, but perhaps in a different way.

You mentioned about cost as though it's a deflecting factor in you getting a kemper,  hang on?  I thought you were against the kemper  because you thought tubes was best?

If it's a matter of cost then this means you think the new gear sounds ok.  But you don't right?  So why would the cost be a factor?  ???

I'm also going to mention that, I like the gear I use as it sets me apart from everyone I have ever played with to date!  No uses the same guitars as me, pickups, FX, amps, preamps.  Perhaps all my gear is shit, but when the kids are staring at my gear wondering what the f*ck it is at least they see I'm no sheep running out buying a black Ibanez and a f**king ENGL powerball  :facepalm:

Give me my stock MP1 and a boost any day :thumb-up:  and a really loud f**king preamp  :lol:

Chamai

« Reply #25 on: Time Format »

@ Chamai,

ADA was best known for rack gear, not guitar amps, even though they were trying to move in that direction towards the end, before they disappeared. As I pointed out in my earlier post, for the current ADA team to design and build a new rack based on the MP-1's simplicity, but would stand up to the sounds of today's amplifiers, would be a very expensive risk for them. Maybe, (this is pure speculation on my part), if they had not disappeared in 1994, and had been around making amps, and such all this time it might be a different story. But that's something no one could know for sure, because they've been gone a long time. So now they're back, and I'm sure funds and resources are very limited for them at the present time, and they are basically starting like a new company that has never been around before. The current market is very different for them than it was back in the 70's. Sadly, guitar-based arena rock isn't at the top of the charts these days, but electronic based loops with weird vocorder induced vocals creating syrupy melodies is what's in the Top 40. Hard Rock and Metal are basically underground these days. So, from a business standpoint, a new ADA rack is an expensive and risky proposition at the present time.

I partially agree with you about how the power amp section is an essential part of the overall tone of the electric guitar, but  I think you are leaving something out of your equation. The preamp, and how it hits the poweramp in the front end of it is what determines how the overdrive come out to the speakers. This was an argument I had with ADA a long time ago before they disappeared, was that the preamp over powering the front end of the power amp combined, was what made the kind of overdrive that everyone loved out of a guitar amplifier, but by then, the T100S was already out of production, as it was getting too expensive to make, and sales weren't that good for it.
    As for the amp head, maybe if ADA had been around to support the line of combo amps they were making, and growing their catalog of guitar amplifiers, they would have eventually worked up a 100 Watt tube beast that could go toe to toe with the best of them. But they vanished only a few short months after they introduced their combos.

@Guitar Builder,

It would be nice to see a system like you describe from ADA, but I disagree with the proprietary floorboard concept. MIDI should be kept in place because it makes it more accessible to other market controllers, and is more economically feaseable, but definitely the addition of USB for connectivity to a Mac or PC is a good idea, for recording into a DAW direct. And as an afterthought, it's also a good idea for editing the parameters of the preamp in your laptop, maybe even to download updates to the software to keep the preamp current.

@ Gerry,

Yeah brother, there is a heavy bias that leans towards the valve amplifiers here, but that's because those of us who were fortunate enough to experience a good quality valve amp, with speaker cabs that matched up to them, have heard and even felt the difference that it makes. No one here has laid down the law and stated that this is the only way it should be done, we've only stated that this is something that we personally prefer for our own guitar tastes.
    I agree with you fully on the fact that a good sound is exactly that, a good sound, and it doesn't matter what you use to get it. I stated that in an earlier post on this topic, about how everyone who knows what kind of tone they are looking for, will go after that tone on any gear they end up buying. Brand names really mean nothing when you can get what you are after from the gear you are able to afford.
   I also agree with your statement about ADA making a new rack system, because racks are in the underground scene right now and not in the mainstream. I also wouldn't buy an ADA amp head if they came out with one either, since I never bought or even tried out any of the ADA combo amps they had out before they vanished. I had too much money, time and effort invested in my rack gear at that point to just simply drop it and follow that new trend. I've never been one to follow trends anyway. I've always used whatever worked for me to give me the tone I was after. Even in the 90's, when I would go buy a piece of rack equipment that I needed, I would hear some of the sales guys tell me that racks weren't in fashion anymore. I would always reply with the fact that racks, like amplifiers were only tools, not clothing, something they weren't smart enough to see. It pissed off a few of them HAH!
   As for your tone, I like the tone you're getting, and I believe you are going about it the right way for you, as I have heard a lot of your music already. (Still waiting on that album to see how it pans out as a body of work). I've turned on a few people here locally to RBOTN, and so far, the reaction seems to be positive. It may please you to know that some of the guitar players that I've let hear a couple of the songs, have all commented about your guitar tone in a positive way also. A few like me, have compared it to vintage Priest tones.
   I also agree with the MP3 label. "MP" was a designation for MIDI Preamp, but if they add USB to it, what would that be, MUP-1, or UMP-1? Does it then become a Pre-UMP? :lol:

the reason why i said ADA should be making a head instead of a rack is because rack units are really out of style. i agree the pre amp is very important to the sound that is why i said each piece in the signal chain from guitar to pre amp to power to speaker plays a part in the overall sound.

i agree ADA will be taking a huge risk but imo, the pedal market is just saturated. if ADA were to make a rack or a head, i am sure more of us here on adadepot will pick one up. i think ADA should target the people here on adadepot Since we are the people who actually know a bit about the history ADA. lots of us are waiting for a MP3 and not a pedal.
ADA MP1/JCM800-- Fulltone TERC/ Eventide Eclipse /Lexicon PCM 81/ TC G Major. Marshall 9005 stereo/ (2) Rocktron 1x12 cabs
Amps:
Marshall JCM 800 100w on Orange 2x12
Marshall JCM 900 MKiii 50W 2x12
Mesa Dual Rectifier 100w on Mesa Rectifier 2x12

Guitars:
2008 Gibson Les Paul standard
2012 Fender American standard Telecaster
1984 Krammer ZX30H

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
« Reply #26 on: Time Format »

Chamai,

What you just said is the same thing I used to hear from the sales clerks in the music shops in the 90's, "rack units are really out of style." I already posted my reply to that earlier.
   As far as an amp head goes, ADA would have to get it right the first time, to break into the already saturated market for amplifiers, and they would have to make it affordable to be competitive in the market, and that may be the most difficult hurdle for them to jump over.
   To target us here at the ADA Depot as the main source of marketing for either an amp head or a new rack preamp,(whatever it may be called), is very impractical from a business point of view because we are only a tiny percentage of guitar players in the world-wide market. Think about it.
    Pedals are more affordable and accessible to the world market of guitar players at the moment, and the pedals they currently offer, are aimed at the fly-rig market, to eliminate the need for bulky amplifiers. That's not hard to see.
    If they did come out with a new rack mounted preamp, sure, I'd be very interested in auditioning it, and if it gives me the usable tones that I would expect from ADA, I'd more than likely buy it. That doesn't mean that everyone else in the guitar world would do the same thing. With either an amp head or a rack mounted preamp, that's where the big gamble for ADA would be in the present market situation.

vansinn

« Reply #27 on: Time Format »

If ADA were to make heads - and I agree on this, they should make four models:

A mono all-tube head, and a mono tube-pre with solid state / class-D power section.
The other two models should simply be stereo versions.

Five-band tone stack, almost like a normal stack, but with bass lifted a tad and an extra lo - for the large 7/8 string market.
No effects, other than a comp/sustainer, a fairly simple reverb (spring, small + medium plate, larger gated), and maybe a smooth chorus. No more. Oh well, a send/return loop, of course..

All models should be made with rotary encoders rather than pots; reason being that this would enable adding a MIDI module as a post-mount option.
The MIDI could be a two-part: One front-mount with a few controls, and one rear-mount for interfacing.
Simply added by removing a blank and inserting the module(s).

No matching speakers on initial launch; there are enough of those to choose from.
« Last Edit: Time Format by van Sinn »

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
« Reply #28 on: Time Format »

Gerry,

Wagener might be in our age group, but he is a studio guy, an Engineer/ Producer, he is NOT a musician. He doesn't take the Kemper out to a gig and play through it, so he has no clue how it would respond in that application. He only speculates about it from his use of the Kemper in his studio, but the truth is he doesn't know.  I watched the interview about that too.
    In that interview, he basically describes the way he has to get the models in the Kemper by "recording" if you will, the actual amp with a guitar into it, and it supposedly approximates the range of the amplifiers he puts into it. It sounds like a complicated process because there are so many variables involved in creating these models, or "profiles" as he calls them. For instance, what guitar are you using with the amp? What EQ settings? Speaker cabs? etc. This is also the reason he still has all those vintage amps around. He still needs them to create new models in the Kemper. It does appear to have limitations in the models you create, and this means it can only simulate a limited range of the guitar/amp model you are sampling into it.
    Getting back to the studio situation, yes he is using this kind of technology because the more he uses this, the less time he has to spend out in the studio setting up mics and getting into arguments with younger guitar players about the levels of their amplifiers and so on, I'm sure you can relate to this as you have done your own recordings and had to fuss with all these details.
    The reason I threw the price of this thing into the topic is because it's ridiculous. What would justify that price tag? Is it the idea that since it's the most expensive, then it must be the best? Nonsense.
    Even if it were more affordable, I wouldn't want one, just because I have enough experience with modelling amps now, to know they aren't quite as good as real amps unless you confine yourself within the limits of the modelling amp, and the genre of songs you are playing. That's an unacceptable compromise.
    So I have tried some of the new gear and tried to put it into practical application for my purposes, but have discovered a fair amount of disappointments with it, so I'm done with all that modelling technology.
   Also, as a footnote, I am using a modelling guitar now, and it's definitely not that compatible with modelling amps, but through real amps, it delivers very convincing renditions of the guitars it models. So again, the modelling amps are limited in that respect.
    If the new gear works for you, and you get what you are looking for out of it, as I stated in an earlier post on this topic, then it doesn't matter what brand it is, or what it is, you are going after the tone you hear in your head, and getting it. So there is no right or wrong about it.

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #29 on: Time Format »

Well not strictly speaking Wagener was a musician first.  He played guitar in the band that later became Accept. 

Also no one specified what use any of this modern gear had to be good at.  So say it is only good in the studio and not live, would you use it?

I for one can't comment, I've not used it in any capacity.  Have you used one?  Can you say it would not stack up in a live situation?

The price thing, man the price of a good f**king tube amp is ridiculous never mind a Kemper.  I could not afford a JCM800 from brand new.  https://www.thomann.de/gb/marshall_2203.htm?glp=1&gclid=COib9ILv99QCFfAV0wodN2APSg

I'm sure a could afford the rip off Bugera JCM900 rip off but MJMP would probably make fun of me (despite that cheaper rip off getting outstanding reviews).

Anyways

I couldn't afford this either

https://www.thomann.de/gb/kemper_profiling_amp_head_wh_set.htm?ref=search_rslt_kemper_356926_12

boy does it look shit as well lol  but hey I'm giving it a fair shot, I have never used one so I can't really say, and it takes me to use something to find out if I can get what I want from it.

Demos online?  I don't trust any of them.  If I had listened to the available demos online of the MP1 I would never have bought one as most of them are shit.

I always need to try something, just the way I am as I tend to set shit up differently than most.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up