• Welcome to ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear.

News:

Lets get Technical > All Things Tube All about preamp and power amp Tubes.

Main Menu

3TM mod MP-1 preamp turns off by itself

Started by Hamer95USA, February 08, 2016, 07:51:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarshallJMP

Hamer95USA

Yes. What do you have in mind? Do you know what's wrong with my 3TM mod MP-1 preamp? Do you have a diagram for me?

Guitar George

MarshallJMP

Well I would start with changing the 3300uF/16V cap (big cap) near the transformer and the 2 diodes (1N4007) next to the 6 pin red connector.

Also check the 78ML05 for cracked solder joints (top and bottom side). Reflow if possible.

Hamer95USA

Hey guys,

I've been away from here for awhile dealing with life's issues. I brought my original 3TM Ultra mod MP-1 preamp with issues to the local amp tech 3 months ago and was notified that the motherboard wasn't working properly.
I ended up buying a stock MP-1 preamp from my friend, having my local amp tech swap out the 3TM mod tube circuit board/nose mod/battery holder & battery, v2.01 EEPROM chip, and rear input jack mod to the new stock MP-1 preamp. It now has the 3TM Ultra mods installed! :headbanger:

Hamer95USA

https://photos.app.goo.gl/4RgsCxs7zztBaJfP6

The updated new ADA Depot 3TM "Ultra mod" MP-1 preamp installed into the revamped monster wet/dry/wet guitar rack rig! It is alive!

Guitar George

MarshallJMP

Ok nice, too bad the other mp-1 wasen't fixed. I'm sure it wasn't a big deal to get it fixed.