Miscellaneous > Rants & Raves

Steve Stevens

(1/3) > >>

rabidgerry:
Despite being a mega metal head, I do like Billy Idol also!!  And Steve Steven's is a guitarist I've always appreciated.

I found this amazing run down of his rig and interview with Steve from a few years back and it's fascinating.  Not only do you need to be a mad scientist to keep up with all the stuff he has going on but when he plays parts of Billy Idols songs he really shows his skills.  The Rebel Yell into alone left me speechless! How the hell can he play that???????  He play's two different rhythm parts with his right hand!!!

https://www.premierguitar.com/articles/19538-rig-rundown---billy-idols-steve-stevens

Soloist:
I have always liked Steve Stevens. Excellent axe slinger! That rig run down I seen last year. Alot of fun toys in there. :headbanger:

Dante:
He's one of my faves too  :thumb-up:

Funny thing; we play Rebel Yell in my cover band and it takes two of us to play that opening riff (it's also at the beginning of the solo and the end of the song). I am still trying to learn how to do it myself, but keep playing the bass notes in double time because of those high notes. It's amazing and maddening at the same time.

I recall he had a rack as tall as him (but he's short) back in the day, all kinds of whacky shit going on in that thing.

rabidgerry:
Yeah Steve is awesome and I'm glad someone has backed up that he plays that rebel yell riff with one hand!!  It does sound like to parts being played independently!  Hell I might try learn that now.

Both he and Billy are still kicking ass these days for sure!  Billy's voice as good as ever.  Glad to see them get back with each other from 1999 onwards, they are a twosome for sure!  I got the album "Devil's Playground" when it came out and I was blown away.  Thought it was awesome!

How Steve is utilizing those Solid state power amps I do not know!  He has the heads, so why SS power amps??

Soloist:
The SS heads are for his clean tones, the Friedmans are his dirty tone.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version