ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need a Schematic? Check the Vault *MP-1 Classic Schematics Just Added!!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: My Classic is actin' up  (Read 11792 times)

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
Re: My Classic is actin' up
« Reply #15 on: Time Format »

SC said that TADs are the closest to the original Chinese bottles he's found so far.  Hey here's an idea, I still have the original tubes from both my MP-1 and MP-2 (I suspect others do also), I've never tried a mix and match with them, could be very interesting, certainly keep you busy for a rainy weekend.  We could try various combinations in V1 and V2 (and V3  >:D for those that have a MP-1 on steroids).
    I'm going to have to look up some of those TAD's. I wonder if Ruby Tubes is associated with that brand? I'm going to go read the thread that SC posted about that, then see what I can find out about what Ruby Tubes has currently. I think I may have one or possibly two of those red letter 12AX7's laying around, but I don't believe they are up to par. IIRC, they were just barely in the good range on my tube tester.

Harley 8)
I only have two brain cells left, ...and I'm saving them for the weekend!

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
Re: My Classic is actin' up
« Reply #16 on: Time Format »

Well, I know I have a TAD in one spot of my MP-2, I don't remember what's in the other spot.

As stated earlier, I did try a National...but it was with the JAN Phillips, so that's not a great test...be better if I could find the other National (I had two) to try them in both spots. I'm leaving the stock ones in there for now.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up