ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need a Schematic? Check the Vault *MP-1 Classic Schematics Just Added!!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: mp-1-channel opinions  (Read 14440 times)

Silverburst

mp-1-channel opinions
« on: Time Format »

wow, to my total surprise only 2 threads in here???

so what's going on with this pedal. so little reviews online, barely any hype about it, like 0 magazine reviews?

anybody had the chance to test this first hand? Is it true to the original? Does it have something to do with the almighty 3tm? a friend of mine is in SF right now so I could let him bring one. not cheap though for a 1 channel no preset version huh? ;)

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
Re: mp-1-channel opinions
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

As most of us have MP1/2 etc we don't have allot of use for the MP1 Ch, IIRC Monty posted a youtube clip of it, it sounds fine but it's designed as a stomp box. If you were running a bunch of pedals with a standard amp setup it would be a good addition.  We are all hanging for an MP3.
There's only one dealer in Australia stocking new ADA offerings (as far as I know), but they are 800 kms away from me in Melbourne. And while I like to try one, I don't want to buy one, and as you say they are nor cheap.

As far as I can tell it's not so much 3tm inspired, more designed to replicate the original MP1 tone.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

Silverburst

« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

thanks for the input and the welcome

yeah I'm not into racks anymore... is there really comming and MP-3???

as far as I understand about the mp-1-channel, it seems to run at high voltage and can work as a preamp on its own. I'd run it straight into the powersection of my BrownEye. And create a patch while skipping the amp's preamp with a Line6 helix.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

We're not sure if there's a MP3 in the works, Monty from ADA has hinted something is brewing.  We started a thread discussing what each of would like in a new rack unit.

While you can run the MP1 Ch as a preamp replacement, it's designed more as a stomp box/distortion pedal.  The APP1 is designed more as a replacement preamp and has channel switching options, though is SS.  A tube version of the APP1 would be interesting. And both units reflect the move away from rack based setups over the years.

I agree, if you are running a standard amp setup with a bunch of pedals (and it seems the majority are these days) it would a perfect addition  :thumb-up:

There's a few European dealers if you wanted to buy one (http://www.adaamps.com/Dealers.htm#INTL), maybe one of them is close enough for you to go try one ?

Silverburst

« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

ah ok, thanks for clarifying that. Pedal tubes through preamp tubes seemed like too much ;) It is indeed too bag they did not approach the MP-1-channel the same way like the APP1.

Really hard to find resellers in EU. A lot of the addresses found on the ADA site don't have the MP-1-channel in their online shop or ADA at all. I haven't found a shop anywhere close that would have them in stock. So it's a guess and in that sense a tad expensive... uhm can't decide !  :dunno:

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #5 on: Time Format »

Here's some videos about it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-jHBl9qcWw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJtDN1Dwroo

Going from the videos tone, for me they sound quite different from the original mp-1 tones.I think a real mp-1 sounds warmer.
But it sounds decent enough if you are looking for a tube driven pedal but it's not my cup of tea.It's too general sounding.
As far as a 3TM goes,these are miles apart from each other regarding to tone.If you sell something like this it needs to have a tone everybody can use and the 3TM is more high gain.You can't use the 3TM to play jazz for instance.

Silverburst

« Reply #6 on: Time Format »

thx MJMP

jup I've seen those clips. not bad but not 100% concinving either... hmm.

you didn't have the chance to test one yourself in person yet?

dang I'll have to decide fast as my friend will only be in SF until saturday. in EU they are just too expensive.

vansinn

« Reply #7 on: Time Format »

..You can't use the 3TM to play jazz for instance.

Mmnn.. does that include downtuned Black Jazz..? :bow:

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #8 on: Time Format »

..You can't use the 3TM to play jazz for instance.

Mmnn.. does that include downtuned Black Jazz..? :bow:

What the hell is "downtuned black jazz"  :amaze: ;D

Samuraipanda

« Reply #9 on: Time Format »

I Googled "Downtuned Black Jazz" and this was the first offering:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bohren_%26_der_Club_of_Gore

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #10 on: Time Format »

Well these guys don't even have a guitar player  :lol:

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
« Reply #11 on: Time Format »

There's your niche! A guitar player for a downtuned black jazz band (quartet?)

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #12 on: Time Format »

There's only one store in Australia that stocks them and they are in Melbourne, they emailed me a while ago and said they'd got some in, but it's 800 km drive  :facepalm: If I get down there I'll try one out, also I'd like to try the APP1 (which they also have).

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
« Reply #13 on: Time Format »

There's only one store in Australia that stocks them and they are in Melbourne, they emailed me a while ago and said they'd got some in, but it's 800 km drive  :facepalm: If I get down there I'll try one out, also I'd like to try the APP1 (which they also have).

If you decide to make the trek, plug the MP-1 Channel into the APP-1, and have them hook up a GCS-2 to it and plug into the PA! I'd be interested in hearing your appraisal of that audition.

Harley 8)
I only have two brain cells left, ...and I'm saving them for the weekend!

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #14 on: Time Format »

Will do if/when I get down there, that would be a neat setup if it sounds decent (which I suspect it will). I've been trying to get one of the local stores to stock them (as well as Peterson strobo clip tuners, great tuner BTW best $75 I've ever spent).
Pages: [1]   Go Up