ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Let us never forget our beloved founder - RIP Jurrie, we all miss you very much

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Social Media Blah  (Read 5239 times)

Kim

• Administrator
  • If it's too Loud...you're gonna get more of THAT.
Social Media Blah
« on: Time Format »

So, I deactivated my Faceb**k account yesterday.  I just didn't feel like I wanted to waste another minute of my time with it.  I'd come home from work, sit down, and log in thinking, "well let's check this out for a few minutes" and next thing ya know the rest of my day is gone!  I enjoyed the humorous stuff, but for every funny thing I saw there would be a hundred things of just dramadramadramadramadrama.  Then another hundred things that would just piss me off.    People's insecurities (and dirty laundry) are plastered all over the place and it's almost sickening.  The constant reminder to everyone that you love your mate, love your growing family....or perhaps your family without the just-kicked-to-the-curb mate just seems like an attempt to feel like everything's aces when it's not.   Blahblahblahdramadramadrama.  I really tried to have fun with it, but social media is clearly just not for me.

But there I was anyway....spending way too much time there that I can't get back.  Time that I should've spent Doing.  Creating.  Interacting with the people in my Real Life.   Already since closing my account, I actually feel less stressed, as now I know I can have a chance to get stuff done without pissing away an entire afternoon or evening.

I still value all my Friends and Family; I just don't need social media to do that.      :wave:

Soloist

• Take No Prisoners...Take No Sh!t
Re: Social Media Blah
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

I don't wasted my time with social media either. Time better spent with my guitars! This forum is as close to social media as I get :metal:
« Last Edit: Time Format by Soloist »
Live Rig:
Fractal Audio FM3 ver 1.06
Boss GT 100 ver.2.11
Switching- Radial Engineering Big Shot I/O v2 - Radial Engineering Pro D2 Stereo Direct Box
Power - Live Wire Power Conditioning Distribution System
Monitors  - (2) FRFR-112 Headrush Stage monitors
Axes - Charvel So Cal Pro Mod-Jackson DK2MQ Pro-Jackson USA Soloist-Ibanez RG3XXV
ADA gear: MP1- MP2 - MT200
Studio gear- way too much to list.

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
    • Rabid Bitch of the North band facebook
« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

I hate it too and I have never had a Faceb**k account because I hate the sheep mentality that made everyone jump on Faceb**k in the first place,

although I will say that it could be useful if you wanted to keep in touch with friends abroad.  I personnally am happy with emails.

I will also say that for a band, Faceb**k is useful for promotion and fans to follow you.  I cannot deny this and it's a reality.

Because I have no Faceb**k account however I cannot look after my own bands Faceb**k and I leave that to the other guys.  I can't even log in because I have no seperate personal account with Faceb**k.

Gonna rant a little here, you know what I hate?  That these f**king losers on social media feel the need to tell everyone the most insignificant bullshit things that they have been doing.  Either that or that they are happy or sad or what ever or have been shopping.  It's created a society now that is desperate for attention.  It's a f**king joke!!  I could go one about how kids are having photos taken of their facebooks by Paedophiles or stolen of families facebooks and used for horrible purposes but the danger speaks for itself.  There have been big issues with this in the UK.  Too many personal things on social media and people are not smart enough to protect themselves or realise they don't need social media.

Rant ended!   :thumb-up:
"whadda ya want? we want Heavy Metal"

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50
Cabs: 4 x Bugera 2 x 12"
Midi Controller: Behringer FCB1010

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

I gotta say, social media is making people less social...go figure

Unfortunately, I need to promote my band and some freelance work with Faceb**k, but I too am tired of it as a social mechanism. Sure, I've found some old friends with it, but I'm weary of the drama myself

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
    • Rabid Bitch of the North band facebook
« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

I agree, I need it to promote my band also.

The finding old friends thing I can do without lol  If they aint my friend now then they aren't worth having  :thumb-up:

The platform to announce things on a grand scale is what irritates me the most.  It's just cries for attention.
"whadda ya want? we want Heavy Metal"

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50
Cabs: 4 x Bugera 2 x 12"
Midi Controller: Behringer FCB1010

vansinn

« Reply #5 on: Time Format »

Interesting for a change seeing someone actually understanding that it's really spelled social notmedia.
Never had a Facialbook account - always knew who really runs it; actually once saw the organisation diagram..

Just went through an interview with Michael Bettencourt, based on his latest book "Critique of Digital Capitalism" - about turning everything physical, experiences included, into marketable [digital] capitalism.

He talks about the next step, VR goggles, which will take people even further into fantasy land.
Also mentions what I've notices so often: People in the metro, busy busy working their not-so-smart appliance, totally gone from reality.

I physically bump into them as they walk in zombie mode, holding their life line to lack of reality. They look up, eyes glazed, unable to understand, much less comprehend, where the heck they really are. Scary shit, this digital world - gimme analog, please..

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #6 on: Time Format »

I saw a funny cartoon a while ago, all these people at the beach walking into the water, they had sunburn all over except for a rectangle where their smart gadget stopped the sun.

Its gone crazy, and as you say so not social.  And VR and 3D stuff is dangerous, it stuffs with our spacial awareness abilities, so people crash their cars in the car park after seeing a 3D movie. IIRC on average it takes 2 hours to return to normal, imaging what all this is doing to our kids... :facepalm:
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

vansinn

« Reply #7 on: Time Format »

'nuff said?

DorsetRatt

« Reply #8 on: Time Format »

I physically bump into them as they walk in zombie mode, holding their life line to lack of reality. They look up, eyes glazed, unable to understand, much less comprehend, where the heck they really are. Scary shit, this digital world - gimme analog, please..

Just finished watching season 6 of "The Walking Dead", reminded me of the last few posts in this topic.

« Last Edit: Time Format by DorsetRatt »
Preamps: MP-1, MP-1 Classic, MP-2, Soldano SP-77, Piranha
Guitars: Sutch Siran Headless, Palm Bay Tidalwave, ESP M-1, Gibson Flying V

Several Species of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together in a Cave and Grooving with a Pict
Pages: [1]   Go Up