ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Let us never forget our beloved founder - RIP Jurrie, we all miss you very much

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hi from Eindhoven, The Netherlands!  (Read 8895 times)

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
Re: Hi from Eindhoven, The Netherlands!
« Reply #15 on: Time Format »

Last week I dusted off my Halfler Hellrazor preamp to use at band practise until I got my MP-2 fixed. I was quite pleasantly surprised! The clean channel is quite fender like at lower gain setting but with the pull boost out goes into a nice crunch tone. The dirty channel (where I mostly live...) gives some really nice hot marshall tones. But what I mostly noticed is how dynamic this preamp is. It responds very well to volume and pick attack changes. I can go from clean to a solid metal crunch with just the volume pot on my guitar.

Y'know, that's the only negative criticism I have of the MP-2...it's not very easy to control the tone via picking attack. Not a deal breaker, because it does so many other things wonderfully.

NeverAfter

« Reply #16 on: Time Format »

With the Hafler being a 2 channel preamp the dynamic response is very usefull. With the MP-2 it doesn't bother me that much either since I can assign a cc to the drive level for some on the fly dynamics. The lower gain voicing seem to have a better response to pick attack as well. Maybe with a booster pedal before the preamp more dynamic high gain tones can be achiebved. But still it was a refreshing experience playing the hafler and have so much control under my fingers...
ADA MP-2 | Rocktron Intellifex | Mesa 20/20 | Furman PL-PLUS E | ENGL 412S | FCB1010

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
« Reply #17 on: Time Format »

Funny, I never really think about it while using the MP-2, I only seem to notice when I play something else after the MP-2.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #18 on: Time Format »

Hey Dante, as Martin says, the lower gain MP2 sounds (I'm milking the voice 5 warm vintage these days) respond very well to picking attack, and you can use the guitar vol to really clean it up for great rhythm sounds or use the same patch for lead (and I use the CC pedal assigned to master vol for getting the overall level right).

@ Martin cool, nice to play with a few other things  :thumb-up: . One thing I really noticed with MP2 (and love) is how the Mullard long plates give you so much control under your fingers, just blew me away...
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up