ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Let us never forget our beloved founder - RIP Jurrie, we all miss you very much

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 23   Go Down

Author Topic: dealing with GAS  (Read 106113 times)

Chamai

Re: dealing with GAS
« Reply #120 on: Time Format »

man, someone few blocks from me selling a mint tc2290 for $1600.

i wish i could get it..

ADA MP1/JCM800-- Fulltone TERC/ Eventide Eclipse /Lexicon PCM 81/ TC G Major. Marshall 9005 stereo/ (2) Rocktron 1x12 cabs
Amps:
Marshall JCM 800 100w on Orange 2x12
Marshall JCM 900 MKiii 50W 2x12
Mesa Dual Rectifier 100w on Mesa Rectifier 2x12

Guitars:
2008 Gibson Les Paul standard
2012 Fender American standard Telecaster
1984 Krammer ZX30H

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #121 on: Time Format »

That's a lot of money for a 2290

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
« Reply #122 on: Time Format »

That's a lot of money for a 2290
I agree, I hope the version that he's selling is the S-2 upgrade. If it's the early version with only 4 seconds of delay, it isn't worth that much.
I only have two brain cells left, ...and I'm saving them for the weekend!

mqqse

« Reply #123 on: Time Format »

One of my guys had a customer the other day with a guitar to sell or trade and I was quite surprised to see an old Samick TV Twenty in yellow!  What a great little axe, it will be staying with me for a while ;)

Kim

• Administrator
  • If it's too Loud...you're gonna get more of THAT.
« Reply #124 on: Time Format »

I have a Wishlist that's about a km long.  Ok, exaggerating a bit....it's actually only 999 meters long but you get the idea.   ;)

Not stuff I "need", just stuff I "want" even if it's just to test drive for a bit.

Just bought a pair of DiMarzio pickups for one of my guitars, maybe another pair for the other guitar if I like them enough DONE!  :thumb-up:
EHX C9 pedal.  DONE!  :thumb-up:
EHX Soul Food pedal.  DONE!  :thumb-up:
Peavey JSX amp/half stack.   DONE!   :thumb-up:
ProCo Rat   DONE!   :thumb-up:
Dunlop 95Q wah.   DONE!   :thumb-up:
Mr Black Bloodmoon pedal.   DONE!    :thumb-up:
Audix D2 mic.
Eminence speakers: Manowar, Governor, Wizard, etc.
Celestion Vintage 30 speakers.  DONE!    :thumb-up:

..aaand a bunch more stuff I can't afford.  lol
« Last Edit: Time Format by Kim »

Chamai

« Reply #125 on: Time Format »

https://vancouver.craigslist.ca/rch/msg/6144540552.html

here's the ad

not sure what year. seller including IC upgrade.
ADA MP1/JCM800-- Fulltone TERC/ Eventide Eclipse /Lexicon PCM 81/ TC G Major. Marshall 9005 stereo/ (2) Rocktron 1x12 cabs
Amps:

Guitars:
1984 Krammer ZX30H

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
« Reply #126 on: Time Format »

I have a Wishlist that's about a km long.  Ok, exaggerating a bit....it's actually only 999 meters long but you get the idea.   ;)

Not stuff I "need", just stuff I "want" even if it's just to test drive for a bit.

Right of the top of my head, I wanna try some Celestion V30s.   
A pair of DiMarzio pickups for one of my guitars, maybe another pair for the other guitar if I like them enough. 
Bad Horsie 2 wah. 
Mr Black Bloodmoon pedal.
EHX C9 pedal.
EHX Soul Food pedal.
Bunch more stuff I can't afford.  lol

I hear ya. I just saw a little Mesa .22 caliber plus combo that was calling to me. It has the switchable EQ like my DC-5 had, so I already know I would love it. My friend has had several of those .22 Cal combos and they are pretty frickin cool. LOUD as hell, small and compact.

Chip Roberts

• Anything worth doing is worth overdoing.
    • Chip Roberts Official
« Reply #127 on: Time Format »

Right of the top of my head, I wanna try some Celestion V30s.   
A pair of DiMarzio pickups for one of my guitars, maybe another pair for the other guitar if I like them enough. 
Bad Horsie 2 wah. 
Mr Black Bloodmoon pedal.
EHX C9 pedal.
EHX Soul Food pedal.
Bunch more stuff I can't afford.  lol

A man after my own heart.  I love me some Dimarzio.  What pair were you thinking?  I've owned and used the Bad Horsie 2 for about ten years now and never had any problems with it.  It's nice because you have the signature stock sound and then the second mode with adjustable level and contour, so it's like 2 wahs in 1!  I only just recently took mine off my board to put a Behringer Hellbabe on there; smaller footprint, but I prefer the sound of the Bad Horsie.
Rack of Death:
MP1 v2.01/Roland GP8/Boss NS50/ADA B200s

Pedalboard:
Boss TU2, Mooer Pitchbox, Boss BF2, Boss CE5, MXR EVH Phase 90, Behringer HB01 Wah/ART X15 Ultrafoot/

Cabinet:
Custom 2X12 with WGS Retro 30/HM75

Chamai

« Reply #128 on: Time Format »

all the .22 caliber ive come across were combos. seems like the heads are not as common.

Amps:

Guitars:
1984 Krammer ZX30H

Kim

• Administrator
  • If it's too Loud...you're gonna get more of THAT.
« Reply #129 on: Time Format »

A man after my own heart.  I love me some Dimarzio.  What pair were you thinking?  I've owned and used the Bad Horsie 2 for about ten years now and never had any problems with it.  It's nice because you have the signature stock sound and then the second mode with adjustable level and contour, so it's like 2 wahs in 1!

I just bought a pair of DiMarzios from another member here; a Breed and a PAF Pro.  Can't wait for them to arrive.  It's been a very long time since I've had passive pups, and I've never had any DiMarzios before.  Hopefully they will get me to where I'm looking to go.   

I have the Tremonti wah, and it works great.  But I think it may be tuned to a more standard tuning because it doesn't quite seem (to me) to do the lower stuff quite as well.  I tune to Standard B, which would be the same as if it was a 7 string guitar missing the high E string.  Sometimes I like to wah it down on the lower strings, and I think that Bad Horsie 2 might be good for that because I can click it over to the lower wah frequency when I need that, like you explained.  :thumb-up: 

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
    • Rabid Bitch of the North band facebook
« Reply #130 on: Time Format »

That's so weird, I'm actually eyeing up a PAF Pro right now.

What are they like?

I want something to brighten up my set neck Stagemaster, I do not feel like it has the harmonic content I want so been looking at brighter Dimarzio's that still rock and PAF Pro seems to be an option.
"whadda ya want? we want Heavy Metal"

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50
Cabs: 4 x Bugera 2 x 12"
Midi Controller: Behringer FCB1010

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
« Reply #131 on: Time Format »

Hey Gerry.

I have a couple of those. They are pretty decent rock pickups, They have a bit of a boost in the upper midrange, to the point that they seems a bit nasally.
  IIRC, Larry DiMarzio designed these for Micheal Schenker back in the 70's because Micheal was using two wah pedals on stage. He always had one on, and the pedal was locked in the middle somewhere, and that is how he got his main sound. So the PAF Pro was designed to have more emphasis in the mid range. Check out some old UFO stuff with Micheal on it and you should be able to get a good idea. Lights Out comes to mind.
   On the early Steve Vai Gem guitars, the PAF Pro was the standard pickup in the bridge and neck, You can hear these on David Lee Roth's Eat'em and Smile, as well as Skyscraper albums. IF I'm not mistaken, I also believe Joe Satriani used these pickups on the Surfing With The Alien album as well.

I can also tell you a bit about the DiMarzio Tone Zone. Those have even more midrange but with the emphasis in a slightly lower frequency. Paul Gilbert used these on the later Racer X stuff, and on most of the Mr. Big albums. so you cam get a pretty good idea what these do. I have one and used it for a few months in one of my MIK Showmaster guitars, but I took it out and put in a Steve's Special which I liked a bit better. I do use the Air Zone on my other Showmanster, and I use the Air Norton in the neck on both. The Air Bucker pickups are a bit warmer sounding than their original counterparts, and sound pretty decent on these MIK guitars, since they are made with Mahogany bodies and necks, and have Rosewood fretboards. The Tone Zone just had too much mids, and not enough highs or lows for my taste.

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #132 on: Time Format »

Hmmmm the cocked wha thing I like from time to time, I achieve it myself by using an EQ in front.  However I'm not sure I'd want that coming from my pickup so perhaps not for me then.

Tone zone has more mids?  Jeez how much more mids can a pickup have?  I thought the DP100 was the daddy when it came to mids and I have a tonne of those pickups.  I also have a Megadrive which I have yet to utilize.

When you say Showmaster, what make of guitar is that?  Like my Squier showmaster?  I have a DP100 in two of them and I like that a lot.  However I have a two deluxe versions of the same guitar (but named the earlier stagemaster) and it has neck-through contruction and sounds completely different, so this is the guitar I want to either add more harmonic or brightness too and perhaps more saturation.

I could stick a dp100 inside but I was goin to try something else.  I toyed with running the pickup installed currently wide open bypassing the tone controls to see if that would help.  The pickup sounds good split but sound a bit dull when full humbucking and somewhat lacking oomph!

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
« Reply #133 on: Time Format »

The Showmaster is a Fender made in Korea. They are set-neck guitars made from 2004-2008 I believe. They were 24 fret necks, that were available in either HH or SSS pickups configurations.
They were advertised as having a basswood body with mahogany necks and rosewood fingerboards, but all three of mine are all made with African mahogany bodies. The bodies have a laminate top and some were cool looking while others were cheesy
The body and neck construction was pretty good, but the electronics and hardware were junk

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #134 on: Time Format »

They are related to the guitars I'm talking about, exactly the same shape only I see the Fenders have some different contouring on the top face.

My through necks are alder apparently although they do not sound alder to me.  The Showmasters are apparently alder also and some are basswood.  I have no idea how to tell.  Lot's of detail here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stagemaster

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 23   Go Up