ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Temp "Time Format" issue Fix in Discussions

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 18   Go Down

Author Topic: Axe pix  (Read 113991 times)

Systematic Chaos

• Administrator
  • Blood type: Becks Positive
Re: Axe pix
« Reply #45 on: Time Format »

$750!!  How much would that be in today's money?

I like the idea of suping up cheaper axes and customizing them and making them sound more expensive than they really are.

I posted this earlier but for some reason it did not appear so totally repeating what I said then.

Below is my most expensive guitar.  It was made at Matsumoku Industrial in the 80s.

Not really into mega pointey guitars but this one appealed to me for some reason.  Modern pointy guitars do not do it for me at all.

This is all maple apart from the rosewood fretboard.  My one is in really good condition considering they are usualy in bad shape what with the pointy shape being prone to damage in the finish.  My one only has a few chips which I intend to repair now I have matched the colour with nail polish  ;D

Here's some info and specs on your Dimension IV....
http://www.westone.info/dimensioniv.html

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
    • Rabid Bitch of the North band facebook
« Reply #46 on: Time Format »

great guitar!!  Push pull pots on every pot.  One splits the coils, one inverts phase, and one turns the Middle single coil on independantly.  Weird tele sounds can be achieved in the middle between the two humbuckers on the 5 way.

If I do change out the bridge pup like I was saying to you SC I will defo hang onto the original.  It sounds great it's just very not strong anymore.  And is microphonic as hell.  I dunno whether I should pot it or not.
« Last Edit: Time Format by rabidgerry »
"whadda ya want? we want Heavy Metal"

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50
Cabs: 4 x Bugera 2 x 12"
Midi Controller: Behringer FCB1010

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #47 on: Time Format »

Hey RG, easiest is swap it out unless it's "the tone" you want. Yeah you could pot it or (probably more cheaply) try something new  >:D
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #48 on: Time Format »

Hey RG, easiest is swap it out unless it's "the tone" you want. Yeah you could pot it or (probably more cheaply) try something new  >:D

It is unique sounding, not sure, toyed with the idea of swapping it ages ago.  I have a double boiler set up and wax aready to go so I can pot pickups whenever I want, just takes a very long f**king time to do it right and careful monitoring of the temperature etc.

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #49 on: Time Format »

Finally,here it is my guitar collection

From left to right

Gibson black flying V (2000) 2 EMG81
Jackson Soloist XL Japanese (1991) EMG81,2 EMG SA
Gibson black explorer (1995) EMG81,EMG85
Jackson KV-2 USA (2002) 2 EMG81
Jackson KE-2 USA (2001) SD TB-4 SD SH-2N (both split coil)
Hilko MSG V (2014) SD TB-4 SD SH-1 59 (both split coil)
Jackson SL-1 USA (2001) EMG81 2 EMG S

MikeB

« Reply #50 on: Time Format »

I love that photo. It makes me feel good inside!
I don't feel tardy!

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #51 on: Time Format »

Well i'm glad it does  :lol:

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #52 on: Time Format »

Well i'm glad it does  :lol:

If I could I would nick the black flying V on you :)
the schenker one looks good too but I'm not into "artist" replicas.

what age is the Black flying v?  70's 80's??

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #53 on: Time Format »

The gibson is from 2000 so 15 years old.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #54 on: Time Format »

Nice MJMP, the Marshall's look great oops  :facepalm: LoL Very nice collection BTW love the new one, looks great in the line up  :thumb-up:

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #55 on: Time Format »

added a new marshall to the collection,a JCM2000 that i picked up for cheap.Guess i need another head to fill up the gap on the right  >:D

finstah

• Jurrie Rocks
« Reply #56 on: Time Format »

added a new marshall to the collection,a JCM2000 that i picked up for cheap.Guess i need another head to fill up the gap on the right  >:D

that SL-1 on the right looks familiar  :wave:

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #57 on: Time Format »

yes it does  :thumb-up:

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #58 on: Time Format »

Very Nice MJMP. Now what to put in the space mmmm a Marshall  :thumb-up: , my '72 50w would be just right though I'd put it middle bottom row and all the 2 input jack models on top. Have you ever tried plugging them all in at the same time (MJMPStock), one cab each  >:D though I suspect the neighbors wouldn't be impressed  :facepalm: (personally I'd give a try though  >:D >:D )
A slightly less ear split option (if you haven't tried already): From the photo I'm guessing the 2 small writing Marshalls (2 x 2 inputs) you are using just power amp (bottom lead input jack wired direct to power amp stage) for L/R of your ADA rig/FX. So if you pick one of the other 3 heads and run it up through the centre cabs, using either A, B A+B switch or, just plug guitar straight into centre Marshall and use the parallel input jack over to you ADA rig... I've done this a few times, it works well IMO, you get the relativly straight (dry(ish)) sound of the Marshall down the centre combined with the lush stereo of ADA rig either side (obviously adjust levels to match), sounds great, but not soft LoL, anyway a thought.

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #59 on: Time Format »

Yep the old ones are used as poweramp,the JCM800 and the JMP in the middle are modified for more gain  >:D each going to one cab.I like playing straight into a head some times,gives a different sound.The 2000 is stil stock but not for long  ::)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 18   Go Up