ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Let us never forget our beloved founder - RIP Jurrie, we all miss you very much

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18   Go Down

Author Topic: Axe pix  (Read 113531 times)

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
Re: Axe pix
« Reply #30 on: Time Format »

From what year is it?

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
    • Rabid Bitch of the North band facebook
« Reply #31 on: Time Format »

Tokai make some nice guitars.  Also the some of the Epiphones aren't too shabby, but the hardware generally needs changing out, my SG came up well but it also got a neck shave and all new HW.  I know what you mean re finding time to do them, my tele upgrade project is on semi hold LOL, it's got a SD hot tele in the bridge, I want to put in my spare Ultrasonic Ref 6 but is twin coil size so will require routing (a bit messy in the lounge room LOL). So the DP100 is an Ibenez PU ? IIRC you mentioned before you liked them allot.

I swapped my bridge out for a tone pros.  That was not very long ago, it sounds nice.  But I am pissed off to find that one of the saddles is coroding alread!!!!!!!!!!! wtf!  :o  so I actually have new KTS titanium saddles to go on there instead.  I need my luthier guy to file in string slots for gauge 10 strings though other wise I would have them on there already.  I am debatting whether I should put in a super distortion or not???????????????????  I like how it looks with the pickup covers however I will do anything KK downing did to his V's.

I also changed the tuners out as they weren't great, well they did the job for a few years but then became knackered.  I also had the biggest frets of all time put on there.  I am actually going to get these lowered as I have started to enjoy feeling the fret board again and fret tapping is so much nicer.
« Last Edit: Time Format by rabidgerry »
"whadda ya want? we want Heavy Metal"

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50
Cabs: 4 x Bugera 2 x 12"
Midi Controller: Behringer FCB1010

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #32 on: Time Format »

I have an Epiphone Vee that is absolutely FANTASTIC!!

$350 for the guitar, $200 in upgrades. Plays like a dream, sounds like a monster, looks like a beauty queen in biker's clothing.

I always heard Tokai were better than the modern Epiphones, that's why I chose Tokai over the Epi.  I think I prefered the fact that I could get a cherry red 1967 style flying V as well rather than the one with the super pointy head stock.  Can you take the rubber thing of the side if the Guitar Dante?  or is that a permanent fixture?

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #33 on: Time Format »

The only true Gibson I have is my Explorer  :bow:

This is a really nice guitar, love that blue man!!  I still could never part with that much cash for a guitar though.  How much did you get it for Dante?  I dunno if I'd suit playing an explorer.  I have always liked them, but never thought about getting one. 

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
« Reply #34 on: Time Format »

Gerry,

I never tried removing the rubber thing, it keeps the axe on my knee pretty well tho. I paid a whopping $750 for that Explorer in 1986. It should be worth over $2,000 now, but since I butchered the poor thing, it's probably only worth like $900.  :facepalm:

That said, it's INVALUABLE to me. I cut my teeth on that guitar, learned more than I have forgotten

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #35 on: Time Format »

$750!!  How much would that be in today's money?

I like the idea of suping up cheaper axes and customizing them and making them sound more expensive than they really are.

I posted this earlier but for some reason it did not appear so totally repeating what I said then.

Below is my most expensive guitar.  It was made at Matsumoku Industrial in the 80s.

Not really into mega pointey guitars but this one appealed to me for some reason.  Modern pointy guitars do not do it for me at all.

This is all maple apart from the rosewood fretboard.  My one is in really good condition considering they are usualy in bad shape what with the pointy shape being prone to damage in the finish.  My one only has a few chips which I intend to repair now I have matched the colour with nail polish  ;D

« Last Edit: Time Format by rabidgerry »

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #36 on: Time Format »

Hey Gerry, nice axe my friend  :thumb-up: , like you I  have taken a similar approach, doing up cheaper guitars ( had no money LOL) e.g. my Ephipone SG, Profile Tele and Anson strat. But I've managed to aquire a couple very special guitars being 1985 Anderson Pro Am (one of the first made) and the JPLP.  I'd never had the money to buy something like the JPLP before, what I can say is it's very special and has renewed my enthusiasm for boutique guitars a bit. Also being a luthier...
Hey Enjoy !! :thumb-up:
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #37 on: Time Format »

Hey Gerry, nice axe my friend  :thumb-up: , like you I  have taken a similar approach, doing up cheaper guitars ( had no money LOL) e.g. my Ephipone SG, Profile Tele and Anson strat. But I've managed to aquire a couple very special guitars being 1985 Anderson Pro Am (one of the first made) and the JPLP.  I'd never had the money to buy something like the JPLP before, what I can say is it's very special and has renewed my enthusiasm for boutique guitars a bit. Also being a luthier...
Hey Enjoy !! :thumb-up:

Yeah Richard, what can I say, I love finding a guitar that costs very little and is underated and then with a few upgrades sounds a hundred quid more expensive than it was.  Those Squier Stagemasters/Showmasters I own are an example of an upmarket guitar that squier did in the late 90's early 00's that did not really catch on.  It was modeled loosely on the Fender HM.  So because it didn't really take off it only ran for a few years.  Now people are finding them and realising what excellent guitars they are and I can see the price of them increasing in the future.  I have two through neck versions as well, so they have a different sound and I mean it's exotic enough just having squier/fender guitars with through necks!  They must have cost me 200 GBP in total.  One was like £75 and in perfect nick.  The other I bought recently for a little more............why?  Because it was like brand new, still had plastic on pickups  etc  almost like it was new old stock!!!  It's gold a black and pretty sexy.

So I have bought an upgrade for one of those stagemasters, I got a proper steel floyd rose.  The licenced one that was on there was fine, but I had worn it out.  The new one is steel steel and more steel and has a huge brass block.  So I am looking forward to hearing it yeeehaww!!

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #38 on: Time Format »

Hey RG, new floyd sounds like a good edition. Also straight through neck fenders, well I've never seen one. And they do sound different.
Hey do us a clip when you get it fitted  :whoohoo!:

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #39 on: Time Format »

Hey RG, new floyd sounds like a good edition. Also straight through neck fenders, well I've never seen one. And they do sound different.
Hey do us a clip when you get it fitted  :whoohoo!:

I will do Richard.  Its not an original Floyd Rose actually because the base plate of a standard FR doesn't fit.  I had to get a special one that has a baseplate with side that cut back like wings.  Apparently the same fitting for Ibanez guitars although I wouldn't know.  So this FR is steel throughout and was built by a small independant company in the states and comes with large brass block.  I was a bit annoyed because the trem when it arrived had many blemishes and I don't expect on anything on something that is meant to be brand new.  Needless to say I'm over that now.  Just when I pay so much to get something shipped from America I expect f**king pristine perfection.  Anyways it's steel and will last longer than the one before.  Eventually I will swap all the stock FR's I own out with similar upgraded trems.  I will do some clips when I get a chance Richard.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #40 on: Time Format »

Cool, looking forward to hearing it  :thumb-up:

Systematic Chaos

• Administrator
  • Blood type: Becks Positive
« Reply #41 on: Time Format »

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #42 on: Time Format »

nice man!!  never been into Ibanez myself but some of those are really nice looking guitars.  Love the red and blue axes.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #43 on: Time Format »

Hey SC, they are breeding LOL, very nice collection my friend, very nice indeed  :thumb-up: My fav (without playing them) is the grey flame (wasn't that the latest acquisition ??).

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #44 on: Time Format »

Interesting to see all the different fret dots/markers in one shot. Again I like the grey flamed one, white/bone on rosewood, just the right size (for my taste). Very reminiscent of my Anderson.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18   Go Up