ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Lets get Technical > All Things Tube All about preamp and power amp Tubes.

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26   Go Down

Author Topic: Rig Pix  (Read 188860 times)

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
Re: Rig Pix
« Reply #345 on: Time Format »

yes that should be correct but else on the back of the mp-1 is a small pic of the switch setting.(only V1 mp-1's)

Chamai

« Reply #346 on: Time Format »

yes that should be correct but else on the back of the mp-1 is a small pic of the switch setting.(only V1 mp-1's)

thanks

it seems i have to turn the volume/output knob to around 2 o clock on the ADA to get the full signal.

i also tried using the send output on the ADA to the JCM 800 and it works

is there a difference?

i don't have to crank the output on the ada if i am using fx send instead of output A, but the jcm 800 pre amp gain must be on 10 to get full signal or it sounds buzzy.

« Last Edit: Time Format by Chamai »
ADA MP1/JCM800-- Fulltone TERC/ Eventide Eclipse /Lexicon PCM 81/ TC G Major. Marshall 9005 stereo/ (2) Rocktron 1x12 cabs
Amps:
Marshall JCM 800 100w on Orange 2x12
Marshall JCM 900 MKiii 50W 2x12
Mesa Dual Rectifier 100w on Mesa Rectifier 2x12

Guitars:
2008 Gibson Les Paul standard
2012 Fender American standard Telecaster
1984 Krammer ZX30H

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #347 on: Time Format »

Well the send will not have the chorus signal.

Now if you don't have enough signal then you can switch the ADA to line so it will output more signal.

About the JCM800,there is a small brown 1000pF cap on the preamp vol pot, you can cut it off so it won't sound buzzy at lower settings.

Chamai

« Reply #348 on: Time Format »

Well the send will not have the chorus signal.

Now if you don't have enough signal then you can switch the ADA to line so it will output more signal.

About the JCM800,there is a small brown 1000pF cap on the preamp vol pot, you can cut it off so it won't sound buzzy at lower settings.

thanks

not gonna touch anything on the 800.

but man, it sounds mean.

i wish marshall has a power amp that uses the same everything as the jcm 800.
ADA MP1/JCM800-- Fulltone TERC/ Eventide Eclipse /Lexicon PCM 81/ TC G Major. Marshall 9005 stereo/ (2) Rocktron 1x12 cabs
Amps:
Marshall JCM 800 100w on Orange 2x12
Marshall JCM 900 MKiii 50W 2x12
Mesa Dual Rectifier 100w on Mesa Rectifier 2x12

Guitars:
2008 Gibson Les Paul standard
2012 Fender American standard Telecaster
1984 Krammer ZX30H

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #349 on: Time Format »

Well the Marshall 9005 rack power amp comes very close.

Kim

• Administrator
  • If it's too Loud...you're gonna get more of THAT.
« Reply #350 on: Time Format »

A couple people have asked about my Rig Setups, so I thought it'd be neat to actually make a diagram/schematic of sorts about how my stuff is hooked up.  Fun!  I haven't done that Windows Paint thing in quite some time.  lol
EDIT:  Changed quite a few things since this original post, so I made a new diagram for about the 4-5th time.   :lol:  However, since Photobucket are complete bastards I'll just have to attach it to this post. 

Rig of Fire

Bottom 4x12 cab is guitar, top 4x12 cab is Mellotron/organ section.
Bottom cab features Celestion Vintage 30 speakers and is Mono from the Peavey Classic 120 tube poweramp. Top cab features a pair of EHX VR and a pair of B-52 AT1216 speakers from the Crate Powerblock (bridged to Mono).

ADA MP-2 preamp and Rocktron Xpression fx unit are currently connected in Parallel via the Effects Loop. 

Guitar signal first goes to the D'addario tuner and also functions as a Master Kill switch.  The EHX Mel9 and C9 fx are always On.   The wah is switchless; step on for On step off for Off.  The Vox volume pedal controls the  overall Output of the EHX "9" effects from "Off" to full volume and wherever I may want it in between.  This allows that Mellotron and Organ effect to be separate from the guitar; Guitar only, Effect only, or both guitar and Mellotron/Organ effect simultaneously.  The EHX Soul Food only affects the output from the C9 and this allows me to have the option of giving the organ effect that cool overdriven organ sound like Jon Lord.  The Saturnworks A/B with 2 Inputs and one Output switches between the Mel9 and the C9 and determines which of those 2 signals go through.  The Crate Powerblock is compact, and definitely affordable so it works good here.  I may replace it with a rack amplifier later on though; this diagram subject to change (as it already has several times since this original post).

I used to run a 2-cab split Stereo setup, then later a special wired cab for that but I felt it was too complicated for quick stage/gig setups and changeovers so everything is back to Mono. 
« Last Edit: Time Format by Kim »

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
« Reply #351 on: Time Format »

Cool setup Kimmer  :thumb-up:

I really like those Mel9 pedals....trying to decide if I want that or the Key9

bunkyloo

• Tones for days with my ADA's !
« Reply #352 on: Time Format »

That is an interesting setup bet it sounds great with the cabinets wired like that

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #353 on: Time Format »

Go Kim, nice setup  :thumb-up: maybe put a copy in the new routing and patching  :dunno:
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

assquatch20

« Reply #354 on: Time Format »

This is the w/d/w array as I'm enjoying it lately. Unfortunately I don't live alone anymore and don't have the room to spread it out. It's a friend's pedalboard (just using a couple overdrives)>my Blackstar HT-5 ("metal" version) which heads into the 4x12 and has its parallel loop's effects send>my stereo tremolo and delay>a Peavey 50/50>the split stack.

The tremolo is a GigFX Pro Chop. It can do square waves, sine waves, or both at matched or separate rates, with MIDI clock abilities that I think allow the treadle to control note division instead of speed. The sine waves in stereo are very vibe/Leslie sounding. These are no longer made but there does happen to be a regular Chopper (no MIDI) on Reverb right now.

The delay is an Empress Echosystem which has some nice chorus, flanger, reverb, vibrato and such onboard as well. Empress takes votes from the registered owners to determine what features will be in the firmware updates. It also has a looper and a freeze function.

The Echosystem's also got two chips on it and the option to run a single delay, or two in parallel, two in series, or split L+R. I run a ping pong delay and chorus, or a huge reverb and flanger/delay... some cool options on that thing. It has a cab sim onboard, so I could run the outs straight to the board and have my wet channels in the PA, thus only needing to bring one amp and speaker.

I've got an ADA T100S power amp there as well but it might need some TLC. My amp tech buddy lost the screws for the ear on one side and couldn't find an issue with the power supply, but both sides of the amp have equally low output. I'll get it sorted eventually.

Here it is using a 2x6L6 Artist 15 combo as the dry amp instead. I like the amp, but I maybe should've gotten their HT-20 with the higher gain.

And the tower of power with my Kramer-Johnson partscaster, just for fun. Don't mind the weird fret, it was a panoramic glitch.

I need to fill out my own pedalboard and make a cable snake, get a rack case, power conditioner, MP-1, maybe leave room inside for my little 5w as the preamp and slave the Peavey to it in bridged mono or something, using the T100S for the wet channels. It'd be cooler to have the T100S's EL34's in the center with the Peavey's EL84's flanking but I can't bridge the ADA power amp or run just one side. If I had an ABY and another split stack for the center though... A combo or head+cab of some sort in the center would be simpler. Regardless, I'm not hauling this stuff to many a gig, if any.

I know it's not as impressive as the racks some of y'all have but it's a start, and a neat amalgamation of traditional cabinet design along with rackmount stuff, plus it's tube, solid state, and digital all playing together. I'm preaching to the choir though.
« Last Edit: Time Format by assquatch20 »

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #355 on: Time Format »

Nice  :thumb-up: :whoohoo!:

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
« Reply #356 on: Time Format »

I love it, but I don't wanna carry it ;)

assquatch20

« Reply #357 on: Time Format »

Nice  :thumb-up: :whoohoo!:

Thank you. Surely that wasn't actually your 5000th post?

I love it, but I don't wanna carry it ;)

I haven't had a functioning setup like this in a long time but I've already blown off a couple opportunities to take it out just due to the weight. It's a behemoth. You got me curious though so I did some math. All the amps and cabs pictured there weigh around 370lbs/168kg total. For my gigs I just take the mono board and go straight into the combo amp, reverb and maybe a little delay here and there. Not super heavy. The amp is kinda large but I can carry the whole rig in one trip from the vehicle to the stage if needed.

For a w/d/w gig I'd probably take the combo (~40lbs), the 50/50 (~30lbs), and the split stack (~96lbs) for a grand total of 166lbs, which is like a super middleweight boxer. Since we're throwing stuff in the back of the truck now, may as well get the 4x12 (~90lbs) and make it a heavyweight boxer at 256lbs total. I don't like the combo's speaker anyhow.
« Last Edit: Time Format by assquatch20 »

Kim

• Administrator
  • If it's too Loud...you're gonna get more of THAT.
« Reply #358 on: Time Format »

Go Kim, nice setup  :thumb-up: maybe put a copy in the new routing and patching 

It changes too often to do that!   :lol:

I haven't had a functioning setup like this in a long time but I've already blown off a couple opportunities to take it out just due to the weight. It's a behemoth....

Cool rig!  In my case, the weight isn't necessarily the problem.  It's mostly the setup/teardown time involved with running all the cables:  We always have to get our stuff onstage and running quick, and then get it back offstage even quicker after playing.  The more items of gear to move, the worse it is.  We chose to put as much gear as possible into one big rack. Yes, it takes 2 people to lift it (one person can roll it along on its wheels though), but then all the amps are taken offstage in just one move and done.  Cabs move/roll quick enough by themselves.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #359 on: Time Format »

(Thank you. Surely that wasn't actually your 5000th post?) ::) I hadn't noticed, but yes it was my 5000th post. MJMP has 3492 it seems. (http://adadepot.com/index.php?action=stats)
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26   Go Up