Let's Get Technical > Schematics & Modifications (mods)

SS Gain Mod for MP1

<< < (6/6)

trader144:
Rabidgerry

I think we should be asking what sound you want out of your MP-1 (what type of bands)?
Didn't see anything specific in your other posts.

David

rabidgerry:

--- Quote from: trader144 on December 21, 2014, 12:07:23 PM ---Rabidgerry

I think we should be asking what sound you want out of your MP-1 (what type of bands)?
Didn't see anything specific in your other posts.

David

--- End quote ---

Hey David, go look at the "what are you listening to this week" thread in rant's and raves  :)  plenty of indication what I like on there........................isn't that right MJMP?  :metal:

trader144:
Got it.
Did you try a distortion pedal? Just wondering about your experience.

rabidgerry:
Oh yeah, I have.  Which is why bought a 3tm mp1 to cover that bass.  The whole reason I want the SS is just to supe up my other MP1 rather than have to MP1s the same.  Also just to give it a general overhaul internally (mind you the mp1 in question I think sounds amazing even with the rubbish no name tubes in there!! compared to another one I just sold)

feline guitars:
Just updated my MP1 that already has the SS Mod with the MDRT and I have to confess that these two mods are both worth it
The MDRT in particular is just what the doctor ordered.
I suddenly have very decent bass - not overpowering or flubby , but just right

The unit is now a great hard-rocking preamp and maybe one of the best sounding MP1s I've heard, and I've owned many MP1s since early 1988 (crikey that's 28 years!)

The gain levels that I would have to dial up to 10 before the SS Mod I now get before 7, and I find that I rarely need to have the gain pushed so hard.
The MDRT has given a whole lot more authority to the sounds..it's clearer because there is enough juice for the bass notes to be reproduced clearly

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version