Let's Get Technical > Schematics & Modifications (mods)

SS Gain Mod for MP1

(1/6) > >>

rabidgerry:
Thinking about doing this mod but I have a few questions about this:

bypassing the Input FET Buffer Circuit

I would like to do this mod, and basically maintain the ability to plug pedals and passive pickup guitars into the input.  Is it possible?

Is it a good idea to do the noise mod at the same time as this?

And how much more gain do I get?  Is this a mod anyone has done on here and enjoys?

rnolan:
Hey RG, the link doesn't take you anywhere (probably a good thin LOL) so not sure what your asking yet. From my understanding, any of the MP1 mods will maintain the ability to plug the guit direct (IMHO the best choice) or put pedal things in front (one reason I went rack was to get rid of all the stuff in front that needed power supplies etc), now I have a midi pedal, phantom powered.

rabidgerry:

--- Quote from: rnolan on December 15, 2014, 05:15:55 AM ---Hey RG, the link doesn't take you anywhere (probably a good thin LOL) so not sure what your asking yet. From my understanding, any of the MP1 mods will maintain the ability to plug the guit direct (IMHO the best choice) or put pedal things in front (one reason I went rack was to get rid of all the stuff in front that needed power supplies etc), now I have a midi pedal, phantom powered.
--- End quote ---

it's not a link man  :D  I dunno why I decided to bold it and underline.

What I am asking is if I leave the FET section steps 8 and 9 will it sound shite?  or is it worth doing the Mod at all since I wish to have the ability to use pedals as well as maintain ability to plug a massive guitar in?  I got a little confused with the guide since it seems to favour the FET bypass option.

Systematic Chaos:
You might wanna contact MJMP....these instructions are a bit older and the Stock Gain mod got some more updates/mods since then (new revision of stock gain mod -> MP-1 Super-Stock
MJMP offers it also as completely new modded tubeboards with far superior components (higher quality caps, resistors and tube sockets).

If you´re already in for the MDRT upgrade, do it all together with the new revision of the noise mod as well.

MarshallJMP:
Don't bypass it,it has no use at all.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version