Let's Get Technical > Schematics & Modifications (mods)

Upgraded MP-1 transformer

(1/11) > >>

trader144:
Just wondering.
I know the mdrt is the upgraded transformer of choice, but it is expensive.

Is there an upgraded transformer mod that takes the transformer out of the rack, similar to a wall wart, so that there are options other than the mdrt?

David

rnolan:
Hey David, there a post on here somewhere that discusses what you are suggesting, the consensus was it's doable although I suspect it would need to be a custom job ? to have the right taps for the tubes.
I'm the opposite, I'd like to get rid of the wall warts in my rack (quadverb, midiverb) as they are a hassle and get loose etc particularly the quadverb, the transformer is half way along and it's big and it's come off it's Velcro.....
I don't know of any other transformer mods apart from the original replacement (on MJMPs site) and the MDRT, not to say someone else may have tinkered with this ?
As I understand it, the MDRTs are a custom run/make so very low volume which will make them more expensive

trader144:
True but the thought is I can get the transformer farther away from the board, and, maybe I can use standard production parts instead of a custom run.

I don't like wall warts either but given heat, buzz, and custom wind they are looking pretty good.

MarshallJMP:
You will never find a wall wart with the voltages the mp-1 needs,you need 2 x 13Vac,2 x 18Vac and 1 x 240Vac.So you need something that's custom made again.Also an MDRT weights around 800 grams,that's a heavy wal wart.

trader144:
Ok got it

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version