Non ADA Gear > Rack Gear

Behringer FCB1010 - Analogue Switching for Rockmaster Preamp

(1/9) > >>

rabidgerry:
Hello again everyone.  Told you I was back.

Right the Behringer FCB1010 is quite literally the best large midi controller pedal around in my opinion once you get some Uno firmware installed.

Anyways I recently just found out it had more functionality than I realised.  It has two analogue relays that can operate channels on amp/preamps.  There are two jacks for this at the back of the pedal.  This is really mega useful.  However, for some reason I can only get these switches to change between two of my Peavey Rockmasters channels.  I think I know why but do not know how I would go about creating a solution.

So what I think I am going to need to do is create some kind of a custom cable.  I was wondering would any of you guys know exactly what I would need to do in order to operate all three channels using the on board FCB1010 relays?

Here is a diagram of the rockmaster foot switch which can normally operate all three channels.

http://snw.lonningdal.no/peavey/rm-tctp/Peavey_Rock_Master_Foot_Switch_Schematic.jpg

So my thinking is, if I was to make a custom cable to work the rockmaster using the behringers relay switches (I believe these jacks are trs) would I need to have some how make a cable that some how excluded the ground and only had the two tip signals?

Also I'm referring to a TRS to Y cable which splits the stereo signal to a separate jack and then plus into each of the relay switches on the Behringer.  However I was thinking may be even just a trs to trs type cable plugged into one of the relay jacks might also allow for switching between all three channels on the rockmaster.

Anyone with any advice I would really appreciate it as for the first time in my life I might need a lesser distortion and a to switch back to a heavier distortion.  Progress eh  :lol:

MarshallJMP:
Do you have a schematic on how the switch 1 and 2 outputs are wired? Couldn't find anything in the FCB manual

rabidgerry:
I'm looking for this information.  All I can say for now is they can be switched from momentary to latching.  I have them on latching right now.  I'll keep digging.  Thanks MJMP.

***edit***
Some guy here actually asking about the same thing as me!!  But zero info

https://www.harmonycentral.com/forums/topic/1414869-anyone-use-behringer-fcb1010-for-amprelay-switching/

***edit***
This is also speculation and I shall need to test, but I've read on another forum that

--- Quote ---Doesn't the FCB1010 work with two TS cables OR one TRS cable?

I'm pretty sure I read that somewhere.

Too bad I can't find the manual and it doesn't say it on the unit itself (just checked).

I'd check but it would involve spending 5 minutes hooking it up to my Traynor combo (only amp I have with a TRS footswitch input)

But somehow... I could swear that's what I used to do when I was using the Traynor combo live...
--- End quote ---

and

--- Quote ---If I remember correctly, the 2 outputs on the FCB are in fact of the "TRS" variety (you can use a stereo cable and switch two things at once... provided the receiving amp works this way too)

You can use the two jacks separately with a "mono" cable, or use only one with a "stereo" cable.

If I remember correctly...
--- End quote ---

So I will need to try just a plain old TRS to TRS type cable into one FCB1010 relay switch to see what functionality I am getting.

MarshallJMP:
So if they are TRS you have 2 switches on switch 1 and on switch 2. But they switch in and out at the same time?

rabidgerry:

--- Quote from: MarshallJMP on June 02, 2022, 01:17:12 PM ---So if they are TRS you have 2 switches on switch 1 and on switch 2. But they switch in and out at the same time?

--- End quote ---

No sure I understand you.  You mean both FCB1010 switches operate at the same time?  No they are operated independently.

Initially how I tried to use these relays where by running a TRS - Y cable from the rockmaster to the FCB1010.

The TRS end would plug into the Peavey and then the two mono jack I was plugging into each of the switches on the FCB1010.

The functionality I was getting was pretty random.  I could never ever reach all three of the channels.  Two at best if I recall.

But after reading that info above I'm starting to wonder would a trs - trs cable into one FCB1010 switch allow me to reach all three channels albeit via one footswitch?

Which might not actually be suitable.  But then perhaps a custom cable could allow me to switch back using the other fcb1010 switch.  I dunno, it's a bit confusing.

Skip to 31 mins in, does this shed any light on the functionality?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version