Let's Get Technical > Schematics & Modifications (mods)

ENGL Mod?

(1/3) > >>

Dna^Yay:
I heard through the grapevine someone did this a while back, would/has anyone tried to attempt doing something like this?

RobbHell:
I am the One you speak of. And Yes their is a Engl Mod.

Dna^Yay:
Awesome!!! What did you think of it after doing the mod? Don't suppose you have a schematic/list of the things you did? Did it add more gain,change the eq structure etc?

RobbHell:
First it started out as a what if idea. Then I ended up getting Gary Holts (Exodus) Engl Powerball. When I'd been jamming on it awhile. Engls by themselves kinda need something in the effects loop to really make it jump at you. Well I started getting better results but the Distortion characteristics were just not really what used to. The ADA MP1 hands down mod or no mod has very Smooth distortion. Well with that being said I pulled my 3TM back out and plugged it into the Engl.
Now I was getting that smooth distortion I like but the MP1 EQ section is pretty weak has terrible bass well actually the bass is a Low Mid Freq. The MP1 to me sounds good but has always sounded like there was a thick blanket laided over your good tone.
So I started modding. Im also working on a Two Tube board version of this mod.

Dna^Yay:

--- Quote from: RobbHell on May 06, 2014, 07:56:28 AM ---First it started out as a what if idea. Then I ended up getting Gary Holts (Exodus) Engl Powerball. When I'd been jamming on it awhile. Engls by themselves kinda need something in the effects loop to really make it jump at you. Well I started getting better results but the Distortion characteristics were just not really what used to. The ADA MP1 hands down mod or no mod has very Smooth distortion. Well with that being said I pulled my 3TM back out and plugged it into the Engl.
Now I was getting that smooth distortion I like but the MP1 EQ section is pretty weak has terrible bass well actually the bass is a Low Mid Freq. The MP1 to me sounds good but has always sounded like there was a thick blanket laided over your good tone.
So I started modding. Im also working on a Two Tube board version of this mod.

--- End quote ---

Dude i love the whole Bay Area thrash scene, that tone is just killer!

It would be good to see some new mods for the MP1 that could easily stand up against some of the modern amps today!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version