Let's Get Technical > Schematics & Modifications (mods)

Batteryless EEPROM mod

<< < (2/2)

rnolan:
While I'm attracted to the battery less idea  :banana-jazz-smiley-emoticon: , as MJMP says, it's allot less expensive to do either the battery holder mod or just replace the battery with one with the lugs pre soldered (which are also available).  Either way will buy you plenty of time.  The battery holder mod is probably the better of the 2 as the newer CR2032 batteries probably don't have the same longevity as the original batteries  :dunno: .  Whatever choice, write down any presets/patches you really care about (and or dump them to your PC etc)  :thumb-up:

peoriashows:
Yeah,  it's not like it's the same annoyance as changing batteries on your on-board active electronics on your bass which has to be done every few weeks. The EEPROM batteries will last a long time.

While I'm on that tangent, it reminds me of why i love the MB-1 so much.  A lot of fellow bass players say they like having active electronics to shape their tone on the fly at their fingertips. I tell them i don't need that because i get my active electronics from my amp and can change my tone on the fly at my foot tips.  Ha!

rnolan:
I've done one battery change in my Alembic SC Brown (in more than 2 years) I took one of the 3 x 9v batteries that power the fingerboard leds, I rarely switch them on), not that it got allot of playing though to drain the main preamp battery.  But it did die  :facepalm: .  MP1/2 and MB1 batteries have lasted at least 18 years go figure  :headbanger:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version