Other ADA Gear > Step On It!

MXC MIDI switching Issue

<< < (2/3) > >>

peoriashows:

--- Quote from: MarshallJMP on July 28, 2018, 05:43:42 AM ---How did you connect the alesis, through the midi out or the midi tru of the MB-1?

--- End quote ---

I tried both.

MarshallJMP:
What happends if you connect the midi out of the MB-1 to the midi in of the alesis and you change presets by hand on the MB-1? 

Also if you reverse it first go to the alesis midi in and then via the midi tru to the MB-1?

peoriashows:

--- Quote from: MarshallJMP on July 30, 2018, 11:47:01 AM ---What happends if you connect the midi out of the MB-1 to the midi in of the alesis and you change presets by hand on the MB-1? 

Also if you reverse it first go to the alesis midi in and then via the midi tru to the MB-1?

--- End quote ---

I just now noticed this question. I will try that and see, but I did have the same issue when I hooked the pedal and Midi-verb up to one of my MP-1's. I also reversed the chain and hooked the pedal to the Midi-verb IN and a Midi out to the MB-1 IN.  When I do that I get the same effect, but reverse. It'll change the channel on the Midi-verb,  but not the MB-1

MarshallJMP:
Maybe a worn out midi jack on the MXC? seen this before but with more midi based fx where not all of them where switching. Replaced the jack and it worked fine.Now not saying this is the solution for you but it could.

BTW are you using a long midi cable?

peoriashows:

--- Quote from: MarshallJMP on August 07, 2018, 03:42:19 PM ---Maybe a worn out midi jack on the MXC? seen this before but with more midi based fx where not all of them where switching. Replaced the jack and it worked fine.Now not saying this is the solution for you but it could.

BTW are you using a long midi cable?

--- End quote ---

Yes, but also used a brand new 7 pin midi cable and same issue. I might buy a new jack from you along with those MP-1 output jacks. I'll send you an email soon. I need to pick up another MDRT as well

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version