Other ADA Gear > Step On It!

MXC MIDI switching Issue

(1/3) > >>

peoriashows:
My MXC pedal is not switching through to a second MIDI device. I have it set up with my MB-1 and phantom powered.  It'll switch the MB-1 parches, but not those of my Alesis Midi-verb III. I checked the obvious stuff like making sure the midi channels were set properly on everything and doing a factory reset. When I hook up my old MC-1 it works fine and switches both units simultaneously the way it's supposed to. Has anyone else experienced this issue?

rnolan:
Not an issue I remember and that's pretty weird.  The patch changes coming from the MXC should be the same as the MC1 and just passed through  :dunno:   The MXC uses additional midi messages for CC control but if you are just sending patch changes, that shouldn't matter unless the MV111 is interpreting them differently ? But why would it ?  Possibly a mismatch in the message packet size ?? Does it work with another midi unit (ie not the MV111)?

peoriashows:
I haven't tried it with anything else in the chain, but I did hook the MXC directly to the Midi-verb and it worked! It's just not passing anything through the MB-1,  but the MC-1 DOES work. I haven't hooked one of my MP-1's to see if it does the same there. I'll see if it's doing it on that unit tomorrow.

rnolan:
I wonder if it has anything to do with the "hidden" commands (page 17), Bank + 4 = CC Latching on/off and bank + 8 is system exclusive protect off/on, although I haven't found an explanation of the latching parameter (or I haven't looked hard enough).  Have you tried using the MB1 midi out and put it in panel mode (so front panel changes are output to midi out), also with 1 to1 midi mapping the midi out should be the same as midi in.  Though I don't get why the midi thru isn't working  :dunno: Attached the V2 manual and release notes in case they help.
And this is where I got to with CC control of MB1 http://adadepot.com/index.php?topic=1549.0#lastPost

MarshallJMP:
How did you connect the alesis, through the midi out or the midi tru of the MB-1?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version