ADA Preamps > Original MP-1

Getting rid of noise in my MP-1

<< < (2/6) > >>

MarshallJMP:
I'm curious, how can you measure 50Hz ripple with a full bridge and full wave rectifier?

hansgraudal:

--- Quote from: MarshallJMP on June 15, 2018, 04:42:39 PM ---I'm curious, how can you measure 50Hz ripple with a full bridge and full wave rectifier?

--- End quote ---
Gah... That's a brainfart on my behalf. 50Hz rectified of course leaves 100Hz residuals. The frequency counter on my scope must have been consistently measuring over two waveform periods, as it definitely put out a reading of 50Hz :facepalm:
To be honest I was more stumped over the fact that the regulators didn't sort out the remaining ripple...

MarshallJMP:
Maybe you measured some common mode noise on those regulators?

hansgraudal:
I don't think I'd see much Common mode noise when measuring directly across the pins on the regulators.
Also: Wouldn't the noise issue have persisted, if the regulators weren't faulty?

MarshallJMP:
Usually those regulators work, or they don't, never saw ones that "kinda" worked. Now it's always a good idea to change those M type regulators because they fail sometimes.
About the common noise, why did your scope display 50Hz?

Also be carefull with putting 220µF caps on the output of those regulators, read the datasheet about using large caps.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version