• Welcome to ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear.

I’m on the fence

Started by mqqse, June 06, 2018, 06:13:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mqqse

Like many of you, I have too much gear.  My MP1 has been sitting for over 6 months and other acquisitions are getting all the love.  Truthfully, I like my voodoo modded JMP1 better than the ADA (no offense) and I know there are folks that would put it back in service.  I also have 3 power amps, BP200s, Lexicon 284, and Marshall Mono block, aka the golden anchor.  I think the ADA stuff shoulda stay together and also shed the Marshall and keep the Lexi and JMP1, what say you?

Dante

If it were me, I'd keep the MP1 with the B200s for posterity, unless it sounded particularly better with a different amp.

Tone before fashion ;)

rnolan

Hey mqqse, well that's a hard one, I'd keep them all LoL.  But if the JMP1 floats your boat and you really want to lighten the load, then maybe sell the MP1 and B200s as a pair  :dunno: , someone on here will no doubt take them off your hands.  Since your in the US, the MP1 and B200s will need a transformer swap for this part of the world but that's quite doable (ie MDRT for MP1 and a toroidal fits nicely in the B200s).
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

Luke Gibson

Quote from: Dante on June 06, 2018, 04:22:59 PM
If it were me, I'd keep the MP1 with the B200s for posterity, unless it sounded particularly better with a different amp.

Tone before fashion ;)

I really want a Voodoo Modded JMP-1, I saw Def Leppard last year and Vivian's tone out front was fantastic. I believe he's still using the Voodoo Modded JMP-1 with the Axe-FX for effects....  Awesome!!!

mqqse

Quote from: Luke Gibson on June 22, 2018, 10:46:29 AM
I really want a Voodoo Modded JMP-1, I saw Def Leppard last year and Vivian's tone out front was fantastic. I believe he's still using the Voodoo Modded JMP-1 with the Axe-FX for effects....  Awesome!!!

I was lucky to find mine for the price I paid.   It's hard to find with any Voodoo mods now that the service isn't offered anymore.

Luke Gibson

Quote from: mqqse on June 22, 2018, 07:18:48 PM
Quote from: Luke Gibson on June 22, 2018, 10:46:29 AM

I was lucky to find mine for the price I paid.   It's hard to find with any Voodoo mods now that the service isn't offered anymore.

Indeed they are.....  Enjoy yours in good health sir!