Non ADA Gear > Effects

Radial Tonebone Hot British

(1/6) > >>

Soloist:
Hey RG, if you want a modded marshall tone in a pedal check out the Radial Engineering "Hot British ". I love the way mine sounds running it as a pre amp right into my power amp. Used the aren't too expensive. Make sure to get an older one, the newer ones are more red colored than orange. To me the older ones sound better.

rabidgerry:

--- Quote from: Soloist on May 21, 2018, 08:06:07 AM ---Hey RG, if you want a modded marshall tone in a pedal check out the Radial Engineering "Hot British ". I love the way mine sounds running it as a pre amp right into my power amp. Used the aren't too expensive. Make sure to get an older one, the newer ones are more red colored than orange. To me the older ones sound better.

--- End quote ---

Man I pm'd you.  Please check as soon as you can, I've taken your advice about the marshall in a box!!!

Systematic Chaos:
Congrats on the GSP1101....
You're already set on the Radial? I could get you a Koch Pedaltone for 130€ from the JPN local classifieds here...add another 20€ for shipping.

rabidgerry:
The pedaltone looks a little large for what I'm after.  Also I have sights on a Tonebone for £60-£70 so I can bag one cheaper.  They sound pretty good also.  Despite my possible Koch endorsement hanging in limbo I have heard some negative stuff about the pedaltone.  Also I think if I was to get one of those I would need the newer version which has the loop positioned in a better place.

I jumped on HotBritish suggestion largely as there is one available for a price I can handle right now.  Basically this can fit in a bag, same bag as my GT5 and then this can go on as hand luggage so it's all about size.  Sticking the Tonebone or whichever pedal I end up with in the loop of the GT5 will only be two little short cables so tone degradation should be at a minimum.  I'd probably have a pedal noise gate right after the pre pedal.

Systematic Chaos:
Gotcha!
In terms of size and price, you might wanna check the Mooer Micro Preamps...they fit in a pocket, are 90€ new (Thomann) and sound more than decent on their own, probably even better chained in a GT-5/6/8/...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version