Non ADA Gear > Effects

Re: Digitech tech

<< < (2/8) > >>

MarshallJMP:
Well there is an easy check you can do, measure the resistance on the mains plug, then convert it to 220V and the resistance should be 4 times higher.
So for example if the it's 30 ohms on 110V then it should be 120 ohms on 220V.

rabidgerry:

--- Quote from: MarshallJMP on December 13, 2017, 12:09:29 PM ---Well there is an easy check you can do, measure the resistance on the mains plug, then convert it to 220V and the resistance should be 4 times higher.

--- End quote ---

I shall do this when I make the switch, it's a good way to test without having to turn the plug on and blow it up.  I really need to see what it is I'm going to be doing first of all.  I guess I will need to un-mount the transformer and gain access to wires on the other side?

rnolan:
Hey RG, I think it's more simple than that, in the pics you posted it's a bit hard to see as that set of 4 solder points is under the wires but it should be easy like MJMP said.  Though between 2 of the points (1 & 4) there seems to be a capacitor currently  :dunno: not sure what that's for. So if you look under the wires (which block the view in the pics) there should be a connector wire between 1 & 2 and 3 & 4 (for 120v) maybe it's underneath ?  So you need to remove those connector wires and wire one between 2 & 3 only for 220v. Again don't know about the cap (which is mounted from on top of the PCB between 1 & 4).  So it seems that the tranny power input coil wires are connected to those 4 points on the PCB to make it easy to change voltage for different regions.  You could also wire a switch to the 4 points so you could switch between the 2 power inputs and put a jug socket on it (IEC).

As for hum, currently we both have a bunch of rubber feet stacked on top of one another which seems to connect the tranny vibration to the lid, which doesn't help, taking the top off solves it so I think the rubber feet is a bad idea, as I said I put more rubber feet in and it didn't help at all.

So my idea is to insulate the lid from the case a bit, as in run some foam packing or whatever (door jam seal ??) i.e 1/4" strips between the lid and the case edges that the lid attaches to, then the lid screws go through that into the case edges, so the lid is buffered from the case a little bit

MarshallJMP:
Should be like R says, but if in doubt Jerry, mail me or post it here.

rabidgerry:

--- Quote from: MarshallJMP on December 13, 2017, 12:09:29 PM ---Well there is an easy check you can do, measure the resistance on the mains plug, then convert it to 220V and the resistance should be 4 times higher.

--- End quote ---

Ok tried to do this last night and failed.

What should I be doing with my multi meter?  And using the usual setting I use for measuring say guitar pickups resistance didn't seem to work.  I was using the left and right pinc on the US plug fitted to the IPS.  But I got no reading.  I must be doing something wrong.

I want to check the reading obviously before I mod anything.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version