Let's Get Technical > Troubleshooting Problems

No Power, No Display, No Output

(1/8) > >>

Chip Roberts:
Seems this problem has been reported on this forum before.  Went to power up the rack, everything turned on okay except for the MP1.  The OD1 light blinks once and then goes dead.  Pulled the fuse out and looks fine, doesn't look like the tubes are powering.  Please help.

Chip Roberts:
UPDATE: Tubes are getting warm, so I know it's getting power.  Obviously plugged guitar straight in, not reading any signal.

rabidgerry:
My stock unit does this, and yes the tubes light up and heat up despite nothing else appearing to be on.

Turn it off and on again in quick succession to see if it will fire up fully.  Sometimes mine will come on right away, but when it doesn't it's usually a case of flicking the on off switch a few times and then it power on properly.

Could be the issue, then again it may be something else.  But this works for my unit.

Chip Roberts:
We measured the voltage on the 2200 capacitors and it didn't match up with that it's supposed to be (around 20-22vdc), so I'm banking on a relatively easy fix.  Any other thoughts aside from capacitors?  It's a version 2, production year is 1988 EPROM 2.01, serial number begins with 7.

rabidgerry:
exactly,

so have you tried turning on and off the power switch a couple of times in quick succession?

My unit is getting power also when it does this, but comes on after the 2-3 flick of the switch.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version