Let's Get Technical > All Things Tube

New tube technology soon to be released

(1/4) > >>

vansinn:
Hi all, it is without hiding much pride I can offer you all a preview to a new technology I've been busy working on.

A new tube has been designed. Rather than the old fashioned power consuming heater technology, I have successfully tested a new method for generating the electron cloud.
The new technology is based on observations of how new stars are formed in gas clouds of interstellar matter, and involves using a micro laser for Ionizing particles emitted from a gas. The gas itself it generated by bombarding a new element, currently not part of the accepted periodic table that I've named Duras-311.
This new electron cloud generating technology consumes a mere 50 mA per stage.

Further, the new tube houses triple amplification stages (as opposed to conventional dual triodes).
Each amplification stage can be programmed for triode, quartode, or pentode operation.
The new 16-pin micro-socket facilitates not only this programming, but also allow the three amplification stages to be arranged in several ways.
Thus, it is possible to arrange a complete driver/phase-splitter plus balanced push-pull setup, all within one compact tube.
Also possible is the arrangement of two triode stages plus a cathode follower stage.

The aforementioned triode/quartode/pentode facilities allowes for emulating the characteristics of various amplifiers, all within one single tube, on each separate amplification stage.

DorsetRatt:
Well, there's a 311 bus route to Duras?

Or then again, there's a Klingon leader called Duras? He was born on the 1st April in the year 2152 ;)

rnolan:
Hey Van, sounds very cool  :thumb-up:

vansinn:
So, it's now April 2nd.. :lol:

GuitarBuilder:
Nice to see your sense of humor back, vansinn!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version