ADA Power Amps > Microtube 200 MT-200

MT200

<< < (2/9) > >>

Kim:
I'm happy with my MT200, but I'd love to take a Mesa 50/50 for a test drive.  :)

MarshallJMP:
I have a MT200 and i did service some 50/50's and they are both good amps.The boogie sounds more heavy and is a bit more mid scooped then the MT200.

Hey Soloist,what's the problem you have with the boogie?Did you get the correct power tubes because these amps don't have a bias pot so you need to buy selected tubes.

Soloist:
I put Mesa tubes in it. STR440 6L6 matched reds. Driver tubes Mesa STR12AX7's in V2 and V3. Mesa SPA12AX7 in V1.
What I don't like is it's either too quiet or too loud, no happy medium. Other issues it had were resolved when I changed all the tubes, like a light crackling in the background when not playing anything and one volume pot had too be turned up more than the other to get equal sound in stereo. There's nothing wrong with it, just my taste I guess. It doesn't anything like my old 2:90, but then again that one had EL34's in it.

MarshallJMP:
What do you mean by " it's either too quiet or too loud"?

Well i must admit that i'm also more drawn to the EL34 side.

Soloist:
I am either over powering everyone else or everyone else is drowning me out. Level 3 is too quiet but if I bump it up a bit it's too loud. Like it jumps from 3 to 8 volume wise. Maybe the volume pots need replacing?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version