Non ADA Gear > Rack Gear

line level to instrument level (with correct impedance)

(1/3) > >>

El Chiguete:
Ok so here is the deal,what do you recomend that will take a line level signal down to instrument level with the correct impedance of a guitar to have as close as the original guitar signal go in to a guitar amp (btw that amp will be our loved MP-1!)?

BTW, I only mention the impedance not because I'm sure that this is a problem for me now but that one time in another forum someone mentioned that it might be a problem.

MarshallJMP:
Can you explain a bit more,how does he want to use it?

Peter H. Boer:
http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/jun04/articles/qa0604-3.htm

:thumb-up:

rnolan:
Hey El, easy way is what Peter posted. We did a few posts about this ages ago where I posted a simple circuit which uses 2 resistors to drop the voltage. I have a lead which I used to go from Rockman X100 headphone out to 2 mono jacks with resistors to drop the level so I could plug into 2 Marshalls. Search on my posts you should find it, but it was ages ago. In that thread MJMP also gave some good advice re impedance IIRC.

El Chiguete:
I think the link Peter posted hists it in the head of the nail my problem:

"The other issue that you need to be aware of is impedance. Guitar amps are designed to accept a high-impedance input, and plugging in a low-impedance, line-level signal will result in an increase in amp hiss. This will be more of problem if you like to turn your amp up loud."

I believe there is some level differences but that I can adjust BUT even when I just place in the chain a VOLUME PEDAL on my Lexicon MPX G-2 I get that dredded hiss! So now I have to get a reamp box to test this out... Maybe easier said then done because here not many people use the gear I use and dont run in to problems that need the solutions I'm trying to sort, but I'll get it done eventually!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version