Let's Get Technical > Troubleshooting Problems

Microphonic type squealing

(1/4) > >>

Darth Infernus:
Hi guys,

I recently encountered what I thought was a microphonic preamp tube in my MP-1 so I went out and ordered three new Hi-Gain, Balanced preamp tubes from Eurotubes. I installed them and even lowered the gain trim pot to about half way and now at loud volume even with my Decimator gate on, I heard a high pitched squeal quickly passing through the gate. In the past when this had happened, I would tap the display screen on the MP-1 and the squeal would go away but now that doesn't work. I tried turning down the MP-1 output level and it seemed to work until I raised the volume on my power amp and it started to squeal again!

What is going on??

MarshallJMP:
What input do you use,front or rear?

Darth Infernus:
Right now I'm using the front one because the rear one stopped working a while back. I had done the rear jack conversion mod but one day it stopped working so I switched to the front jack and never fixed the back one

rnolan:
My guess is it's input socket related. MikeB had this the other night on his MP1. Fiddled with the lead/jack all came good, taped up with gaph for now/gig, new socket coming soon .

MarshallJMP:
Well try to clean out the contact of the front jack,it has been discussed here before,just do a search on it.Because the rear jack problem is comming from the front jack,and i guess the squealing also.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version