ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Let us never forget our beloved founder - RIP Jurrie, we all miss you very much

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I need a favour from someone in America  (Read 4798 times)

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
    • Rabid Bitch of the North band facebook

Hi guy's, would one of you kind fellow US ADA Depot heads do me a favour?

I want to buy a mirror scratchplate for my MIM Standard fat strat with Floyd rose.  I want to start playing this guitar again but I kinda wanted to change it cosmetically and fit it out with some dimarzio's (undecided as to what though).

Anyways, why do I need your help? 

Well here in the shitty old UK (now leaving the EU  :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:)
We are only able to get scratchplates done in mirror style for regular strats, that means standard trem, not the wider Floyd rose version.  This is f**king ridiculous.  I asked some fellow Europeans in Netherlands if they could sell me one, but to my dismay they said "no FR versions just standard".

sOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

That leaves me with the US option.  No problems right?  Of course not.  I have ordered all kinds of things from the US without issue apart from f**king guitars where I got raped £100 import tax (never ever again).

Anyways, I found a scratchplate, done up to the size I need, the FR trem size and done in a mirror!   :thumb-up:

oh yeah now we are rocking guys!

NOT!  When I go to buy this scratch plate, suddenly the postage shoots up like $39.95 just to get a light piece of plastic with some foil on it sent to the humble shores of Northern Ireland.

Now this is ridiculous considering the weight of the object.  However US postage is FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!

So I was wondering, can someone in the US allow me to order this scratchplate, then have it sent to them for FREE!!!!!  Then they send the scratchplate to me, and I will reimburse them the shipping cost?

Please let me know guys as I am not paying TNT custom guitars another $39.95 for a flimsy lightweight package to be sent to me.

said scratchplate
http://tntcustomguitars.com/Strat-Floyd-Rose-Pickguard-HSS-Chrome-Mirror-34075.htm

please let me know guy's I would be eternally grateful?
"whadda ya want? we want Heavy Metal"

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50
Cabs: 4 x Bugera 2 x 12"
Midi Controller: Behringer FCB1010

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
Re: I need a favour from someone in America
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

Hey RG, did you get someone to help ?
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

No mate, no takers unfortunately  :(

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50

Kim

• Administrator
  • If it's too Loud...you're gonna get more of THAT.
« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

I just thought of something, Gerry....  (I know... scary, right?)  ;)

What about getting the non-Floyd pickguard that is readily available to you and then modifying it to your needs?  Shouldn't be too hard, right?  It's plastic.....Just open up the notch a bit to accommodate a wider bridgeplate?   

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

Thought about it man, but I don't have a jigsaw to do it right.

I could perhaps also get one made custom by sending a template of my scratchplate to a company who makes customer plates.  Could be more expensive though.

Systematic Chaos

• Administrator
  • Blood type: Becks Positive
« Reply #5 on: Time Format »

Gerry,

get in touch with Nate Perle from Perle Guitars (http://stores.ebay.com/Perle-Guitars?_trksid=p2047675.l2563)
Tell him exactly what you need and he'll make you a 100% fit....they also ship for 15$ USPS International.

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #6 on: Time Format »

Ok contacted that guy.  Will hopefully hear back from him.  Thanks SC.

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #7 on: Time Format »

contacted that company SC.  So far they haven't got back to me.  I asked for Nate as well.

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #8 on: Time Format »

Still can't get one of these god dam scratch plates!!!  what the f*ck is with that???

Systematic Chaos

• Administrator
  • Blood type: Becks Positive
« Reply #9 on: Time Format »

Sorry to hear man....I could go to the ESP custom shop here in Tokyo and ask for a quote....
You might wanna try contact Perle again through either other FB contact page (https://www.Faceb**k.com/perleguitars/) or through their website http://www.perleguitars.com/contact-us/)

I´ll be in Shibuya (ESP Craft House / Custom Shop) next weekend and ask for a quote nevertheless....shipping from Japland to you is a flat 20$ EMS with tracking, 4-5 days turnaround

I´ll mail you direct when I know something

GuitarBuilder

« Reply #10 on: Time Format »

Did you try communicating with Perle Guitars through their eBay listings?  Usually sellers respond pretty quickly; their shipping rate to Ireland is confirmed at $15.
ADA and Rockman Heads
Marshall amps
Strats and Les Pauls

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #11 on: Time Format »

@GuitarBuilder

yes I did, no reply!

@SC

no man it's ok about the ESP custom shop.  I'm go check Perle again.

Pages: [1]   Go Up