ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please note "Depot New Registrations Temporarily Suspended" Please see discussions for how to register.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hybrid MP2 and MB1 Rig  (Read 4352 times)

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
Hybrid MP2 and MB1 Rig
« on: Time Format »

So I re did my guitar rack tonight/morning (5am here now..) and decided to include a MB1 and the CDM200L, and took out the ISP33 (which I'm not using much). (MP2, Quadverb, MB1, Midiverb 4, DCM200, 2 x P112 cabs)
So simple set up:
MP2 (cab sim outs) > Desk (ch 2&3) > DCM200 > 2 x P112 cabs
MB1 > Desk (ch4)
Desk Aux 1 & 2 > Quadverb > Desk (ch 7 (stereo channel))
Desk Aux 3 > Midiverb 4 (L mono, also copied to R ch) > Desk (ch8 (stereo channel).
I played some bass through it to test, sounds great  :thumb-up: , I'll do guitar later, then try to mic up and make some audio.  I re-purposed my daughter's old laptop so should be able to record to it.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
Re: Hybrid MP2 and MB1 Rig
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

NICE!!!

vansinn

« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

Hehe, I've often contemplated an MP-2/MB-1 + Digitech TSR-24S rig.
Only, I'd mod the S/R loop structures in the MP-2 to allow summing-in the MB-1 for stacking three preamps in parallel.

You know, I've been praying 8-string guitar and 7-string bass, so.. ;)
I'm selling both, and will at some point later likely have a 5- or 6-string fretless bass in 5th tuning, and a 9-string up/down tuned axe.
Such uses makes absolutely senselessly sense out of having these preamps wired up in parallel.

Won't be until next spring at the earliest, though - that is, after my über sell-off, travels and long distance relocation.

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

It sounds like you could also make do with a Chapman Stick >:D
I only have two brain cells left, ...and I'm saving them for the weekend!

Peter H. Boer

• 2* MB-1 1*MP-1 + Jur's old Mod4Mk2
    • The Granny Attic
« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

It sounds like you could also make do with a Chapman Stick >:D
:thumb-up:
Nothing beats MB-1s and MP-1s with MDRTs

http://www.thegrannyattic.com
http://www.Illumion.net
http://www.sote.nl

vansinn

« Reply #5 on: Time Format »

Na, just four arms and hands. And a larger brain.
Or maybe better a girlfriend so I would care less about the gauge of the G-string..

rADAr

« Reply #6 on: Time Format »

Something about that blue and green combo... :) Lovely looking rack! I still need to pair my DCM200L with my ADA's..... since I got the Axe-FX II my ADA's has not gotten the attention they deserve.
ADA MP-1 2.01 Stock
ADA MP-1 1.38 w/MRDT+2.01 upgrade

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #7 on: Time Format »

Got my AM802 mixer serviced  :whoohoo!: , it had been developing intermittent channels  :facepalm: (it is 30 years old..).  So now all works again.
So MP2 main A/B > ch 1/2 and MP2 cab sim A/B > ch 3/4, MB1 Full > ch5. Send 1/2 > Quadverb L/R (rtn stereo ch 7 (L/R), send 3 > Midiverb4 L(mono) rtn stereo ch8 L/R. Mixer Main outs > DCM200L > 2 x Mesa P112 bass cabs (crossed over at 4k, passive in box).  I also want to take the MB1 DI (selected pre preamp) out into ch 6 (need a short female XLR > jack) which will be the straight (Alembic) bass signal (need to make a lead..).  So far it's sounding awesome.  Interesting combing the MP2 main and cab sim outs as the P112s have tweeters (albeit crossed over as high as I can at 4khz).  The main outs are a little toppy (no surprise there) and the cab sim outs lack sparkle (the P112s are bass cabs with tweeter, not studio monitors) but the 4 channels together Mmmm works a treat.
And bass sounds great through the MB1 though I need to make some patches and some midi mapping for the Fxs as all units are midi'd up (and change to all sorts of factory default things at the moment).  MXC Vol pedal works on both MP2 and MB1.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few
Pages: [1]   Go Up