ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Temp "Time Format" issue Fix in Discussions

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: How did you get into ADA?  (Read 9022 times)

MikeB

Re: How did you get into ADA?
« Reply #15 on: Time Format »

I bought my mp1 b200s and quad box from rnolan back in the early 90s.  He could probably be more specific about the year. This was so that he could afford to upgrade to the mp2.   My ADA journey has stalled since, but I get to experience it all vicariously through you lot.  :waving-banana-smiley-emoticon
Oh yeah,  I forgot that I also have a gcs3 in the mp1 loop to make the rig that much more flexible.
Wish I could afford more.
I don't feel tardy!

GuitarBuilder

« Reply #16 on: Time Format »

Paul Gilbert..... :banana-guitar: :banana-guitar: :banana-guitar:
ADA and Rockman Heads
Marshall amps
Strats and Les Pauls

Soloist

• Take No Prisoners...Take No Sh!t
« Reply #17 on: Time Format »

Live Rig:
Fractal Audio FM3 ver 1.06
Boss GT 100 ver.2.11
Switching- Radial Engineering Big Shot I/O v2 - Radial Engineering Pro D2 Stereo Direct Box
Power - Live Wire Power Conditioning Distribution System
Monitors  - (2) FRFR-112 Headrush Stage monitors
Axes - Charvel So Cal Pro Mod-Jackson DK2MQ Pro-Jackson USA Soloist-Ibanez RG3XXV
ADA gear: MP1- MP2 - MT200
Studio gear- way too much to list.

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
« Reply #18 on: Time Format »

TBH: Paul Gilbert is one of the reasons I am a big fan of Ibanez guitars

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #19 on: Time Format »

My first serious amp (that I owned and didn't have to borrow) was my '72 Marshall 50 into a 2 x 12" cab, added a memory man echo pedal, replaced (when it died) with Ibanez digital delay and a digital chorus pedals.  Got the tom scholtz power soak (a good move). Got a rockman X100 and a 100w Marshall Artist with Yamaha quad box. Added A+B, A, B switch and added the rockman in stereo for solos. Then added MP1, used the headphone out into the rockman stereo aux in. Great sound but a hassle to setup etc.
Bought a B200s, Quadverb, and small  8 channel (3 FX sends) desk (AM802) and later the IPS33 smart shift.  Someone gave me a home made rack, wired the quad box stereo. Sold the Marshall Artist (helped pay for other stuff) Sometimes I'd still use the Marshall 50 into the 2x12 cab as well as the MP1 rig.  Sold the rack (MP1, B200s) and quad box to Mike (I kept the quadverb and IPS33), bought MP2, new B200s, 2 slant split stacks and 8 RU SKB rack. Many years later when B200s played up I bought Carvin TS100, also picked up a 2nd hand single slant split stack, wired stereo for less to carry.
Bought 3 more MP2s along the way (all from members). Also kitted out a mate with MP2 and B200s (was Dantes old B200s).
Last round of ADA purchase was 4th MP2 (US model) which included MXC pedal set  :whoohoo!: .  And also got a good deal on 2 MB1s and B500B (which have had a nice long rehab/holiday in Belgium LoL.  So MB1s are here now (both MDRT etc), the B500B will come soon, is US model though so still need to sort out a transformer for it. Bought a Mesa P112 (12 + horn) cab and a DCM200L for the bass rig.  Thinking to pick up another P112 cab and run stereo (one MB1 for each bass PU).  I also have 2 x 15" Altecs (brand new in carton).  So I want to build 2 cabs for them and sit them under the P112 cabs.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
« Reply #20 on: Time Format »

I bought one of those IPS33's when they first came out, and used it in conjunction with a DSP128.
I sold the IPS33 after a few months, and bought the H-3000 Ultra Harmonizer right afterwards. Best move I made there, nothing beats the Eventide for harmonizers. I gave away the DSP128 to a friend of mine because I had the MPX-1 which gave me better Reverb and delays.

Harley 8)
I only have two brain cells left, ...and I'm saving them for the weekend!

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #21 on: Time Format »

I bought the ISP from a local stage lighting company, they were quite expensive (the Eventides mmm even more expensive) back then.  The owner couldn't sell it so I got it for cost I think.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
« Reply #22 on: Time Format »

Yeah, the ISP was a bit pricey for a Digitech, and you are correct, the Eventide much more so. I bought both brand new. Since I paid cash for the Eventide, I walked out the door with it for under $2500.
I only have two brain cells left, ...and I'm saving them for the weekend!

Peter H. Boer

• 2* MB-1 1*MP-1 + Jur's old Mod4Mk2
    • The Granny Attic
« Reply #23 on: Time Format »

Nothing beats MB-1s and MP-1s with MDRTs

http://www.thegrannyattic.com
http://www.Illumion.net
http://www.sote.nl
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up