ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please note "Depot New Registrations Temporarily Suspended" Please see discussions for how to register.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: power supplies with telephone line plug connector  (Read 4777 times)

El Chiguete

So what do you guys think of the power supplies with telephone line plug connector? Now that I got the Rane MPE 28 equalizer is the first time I have a unit that uses that.

Before you see the light, you must die!!!

'87 Kramer Stagemaster Custom
'81 Kramer Pacer Standard
custom made Les Paul
ADA MP1
Rane MPE 28
Lexicon MPX-G2
Epiphone Valve Jr. moded!!!

AFFA
Support Your Local 81

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member

Hey El, not come across it before but at the gadget end it just needs to right voltage and current. if that can be done through a RJ 11 ? whatever (telephone plug) why not, maybe it's set up for PoE (Power over Ethernet ?), but first I've seen of it BTW
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

RobbHell

Don't trip most of them came like that. Some models have the transformer mounted inside. The advantage to the external transformer is that they are quieter because the transformer is not mounted inside.

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net

Hey El, not come across it before but at the gadget end it just needs to right voltage and current. if that can be done through a RJ 11 ? whatever (telephone plug) why not, maybe it's set up for PoE (Power over Ethernet ?), but first I've seen of it BTW

Well it's actually a RJ12 connector.They look the same and have the same dimensions but the RJ11 only has 4 connections while the RJ12 has 6 connections.

Don't think they had PoE in the early 90's  :lol: altough i could be wrong.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member

I don'y recall any PoE in the 90's either LoL. As RH says, having the transformer external reduces noise issues, you can use a variety of ways to get the DC power into your thingy, whatever works..
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net

This transformer gets 2 x 9Vac to the Rane if i recall correctly.

Edit;found the datasheet,see attachment.
Pages: [1]   Go Up