ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Let us never forget our beloved founder - RIP Jurrie, we all miss you very much

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 23   Go Down

Author Topic: dealing with GAS  (Read 106639 times)

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
Re: dealing with GAS
« Reply #195 on: Time Format »

Ok, I won't tell you  ::)   (http://www.proaudiosupport.com/a23108/digitech-general-knowledge-long.html)
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #196 on: Time Format »

Ok, I won't tell you  ::)   (http://www.proaudiosupport.com/a23108/digitech-general-knowledge-long.html)

R, you're bad  >:D

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
    • Rabid Bitch of the North band facebook
« Reply #197 on: Time Format »

Hey RG, I always liked mine, not that I use it much anymore.  What is the difference with the 'B' from the original?

Quite a bit Richard, and if I am honest I don't know if I like the 33b.

It cannot track for shit unless you select the "Chord" tracking option.

However this Chord Tracking option is not available when using certain other modes and you are left with "Normal", "Distortion" or "Bass".

And of course why not select distortion then since I am using distortion all the time?  Well because it doesn't work very well.

Now comparing this issue to the original and supposedly inferior IPS33, well the 33 wins hands down thanks to the distotion loop.  It tracks so well, and sounded so thick and "chewey", this is what Impressed me with the 33.

So everything I read has said the 33B is the best out of the two. so bagging the 33B I was expecting a bit more, and sadly I was let down. 

When I figured out that I could use the 33B and get it to sound ok using the "Chord" tracking i was immediatley relieved as it sounded great suddenly.  However then I discovered that it wasn't available in certain modes, mega crisis time.  I need to evaluate if this device is going to be useful to me or not now.

Other things that the 33B has are different internal stuff going on, it also has a, LCD read out as opposed to the digital number read out on the 33.  There is more processing power as well that allows for a few effects at once.  But then I only want the intelligent pitch shifting so none of that really matters to me.

It could be the 33 just suits me as a player.  It has more than enough scales to select from without ever running out in my opinion, but also you can transcribe your own custom scales.  Surely that's all one needs?  Well that's enough for me.  The extra knobs and whistles of the 33B are nice to have but if it can't even track as well as the older model, the f++k that!

Shame as I was looking to have one at home and one in the studio.

MJMP told me a while ago to look at my old 33 and see if the transformer says anything about 230v near by.  Low and behold it does, so I seem to recall he said I could possibly wire the 33's transformer to cope with the UK voltage which would be awesome as I hate having the step down transformer.  I might take a look inside the 33b and see if it has the same transformer, and see if I can perhaps copy the way it is wired up?  Good idea bad idea?

Oh the 33B has a remote control as well.
"whadda ya want? we want Heavy Metal"

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50
Cabs: 4 x Bugera 2 x 12"
Midi Controller: Behringer FCB1010

herbyguitar

« Reply #198 on: Time Format »

You're EVIL  >:D
I figured as much   :facepalm:
Jack of all trades. Master of none.
Gear List: Hell, it changes too fast to keep up with.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #199 on: Time Format »

Sorry Herby  :wave: , but it was kind of predictable and I probably/definitely need to source one of those 4.5v batteries for mine.  I once programmed all the harmonies for the highway star solo, but I couldn't change them fast enough  :facepalm: (I would need to sequence them) so in the end I just went with a Gm patch, worked well enough.

Hey RG, thanks for the run down  :thumb-up: , very good to know.  I'll stick with mine, it does what it does quite well.  When you get a chance, try not using the dist loop and see how it tracks, I found no difference, still tracked just fine (although I understood why they put it there etc and used it for quite a while).

It will be good if you can rewire the tranny for 230v  :whoohoo!: , or possibly swap the 33Bs tranny in, although it may not be compatible  :dunno: . I'm not a fan of step downs either  :facepalm:
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

Chamai

« Reply #200 on: Time Format »

after waiting for 2 months, finial got my CAE line mixer plus. version 2 has more in's in mix one compared to the previous mixer i believe.

saving for two yamaha spx90's for detune and a voodoo lab gcx and ground control. hopefully i can get that stuff by the end of next year.

one step closer to finishing my rig. i am desperate for a 20 space rack.

« Last Edit: Time Format by Chamai »
ADA MP1/JCM800-- Fulltone TERC/ Eventide Eclipse /Lexicon PCM 81/ TC G Major. Marshall 9005 stereo/ (2) Rocktron 1x12 cabs
Amps:
Marshall JCM 800 100w on Orange 2x12
Marshall JCM 900 MKiii 50W 2x12
Mesa Dual Rectifier 100w on Mesa Rectifier 2x12

Guitars:
2008 Gibson Les Paul standard
2012 Fender American standard Telecaster
1984 Krammer ZX30H

Chip Roberts

• Anything worth doing is worth overdoing.
    • Chip Roberts Official
« Reply #201 on: Time Format »

Meeting a fellow about purchasing a Digitech GSP21 this weekend.  From what I understand one or more of us on this forum is a big fan.
Rack of Death:
MP1 v2.01/Roland GP8/Boss NS50/ADA B200s

Pedalboard:
Boss TU2, Mooer Pitchbox, Boss BF2, Boss CE5, MXR EVH Phase 90, Behringer HB01 Wah/ART X15 Ultrafoot/

Cabinet:
Custom 2X12 with WGS Retro 30/HM75

Chamai

« Reply #202 on: Time Format »

Meeting a fellow about purchasing a Digitech GSP21 this weekend.  From what I understand one or more of us on this forum is a big fan.

i had one, the chorus and reverb is actually pretty good.
ADA MP1/JCM800-- Fulltone TERC/ Eventide Eclipse /Lexicon PCM 81/ TC G Major. Marshall 9005 stereo/ (2) Rocktron 1x12 cabs
Amps:
Marshall JCM 800 100w on Orange 2x12
Marshall JCM 900 MKiii 50W 2x12
Mesa Dual Rectifier 100w on Mesa Rectifier 2x12

Guitars:
2008 Gibson Les Paul standard
2012 Fender American standard Telecaster
1984 Krammer ZX30H

Kim

• Administrator
  • If it's too Loud...you're gonna get more of THAT.
« Reply #203 on: Time Format »

"Digitech Tech" Topic Split and moved to Non ADA Gear - Effects HERE

Chip Roberts

• Anything worth doing is worth overdoing.
    • Chip Roberts Official
« Reply #204 on: Time Format »

I'm interested in using it in a "simplified" B rig consisting of my version 2.01 MP1 and Mosvalve 1160.  Looks to be a pretty advanced unit for the time (circa '89, I think).  Tube and speaker emulation, analog effects.
Rack of Death:
MP1 v2.01/Roland GP8/Boss NS50/ADA B200s

Pedalboard:
Boss TU2, Mooer Pitchbox, Boss BF2, Boss CE5, MXR EVH Phase 90, Behringer HB01 Wah/ART X15 Ultrafoot/

Cabinet:
Custom 2X12 with WGS Retro 30/HM75

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #205 on: Time Format »

Some A hole broke into my ebay account and bought this guitar for me!!  Shocking eh?

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50

tomy

• "To loose means trouble, to win pays double"
« Reply #206 on: Time Format »

nice guitar, but not fun :crazy:
"As far back as I can remember,  I've always wanted to be a  gangster..."

ARSENAL :
https://fr.audiofanzine.com/membres/885047/products/

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #207 on: Time Format »

Well I'm hoping it's a lot of fun actually!  What do you mean?

I was joking about someone breaking into my account you know  :lol:

I was trying to deny the fact that I went and bought another axe when I really shouldn't have, but hey, this is the GAS thread!
« Last Edit: Time Format by rabidgerry »

tomy

• "To loose means trouble, to win pays double"
« Reply #208 on: Time Format »

NAAAhhhhhh !! you got me  :bow:

anyway, first time i looked to your pics, I thought  "bridge humbucker, floyd rose, flashy colour.... that axe is made for RG !" :lol:

but I'll keep the hijacking ebay account excuse for my wife next purchase :thumb-up:

tomy

"As far back as I can remember,  I've always wanted to be a  gangster..."

ARSENAL :
https://fr.audiofanzine.com/membres/885047/products/

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #209 on: Time Format »

but I'll keep the hijacking ebay account excuse for my wife next purchase :thumb-up:

tomy

Excellent now I am quite glad I fooled you as I have provided you with an great excuse next time you need to buy a sneaky bass purchase!

Well it is very me that axe!  Superstrat and not a common variety one.  I like Tokai guitars, I think their very under estimated and underated.

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 23   Go Up