ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Temp "Time Format" issue Fix in Discussions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hey all. Greetings from Canada!  (Read 5301 times)

pinto79

Hey all. Greetings from Canada!
« on: Time Format »

Hey all.

I'm Trevor. I'm a guitar player, tech and builder. I work in Aviation by day and do guitar stuff at night.

I have a very early MP-1 that I bought from one of my favourite guitar players. Probably the player that got me playing originally, Mr. Bob Hartman of the Christian rock band Petra. I'm a Petra fan since the Mid-80s and when I saw on Bob's website that he was selling his preamp that he used for every tour from 1987 until the band retired in 2005, I had to jump on it. I had been wanting an MP-1 and figured this to be the best one to get. I've had it for almost 5 years now. It needs a few things/repairs which is what brings me here.

I look forward to getting to know some/many of you!

Trevor

Soloist

• Take No Prisoners...Take No Sh!t
Re: Hey all. Greetings from Canada!
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

Hello Trevor, my brother to the north.
Live Rig:
Fractal Audio FM3 ver 1.06
Boss GT 100 ver.2.11
Switching- Radial Engineering Big Shot I/O v2 - Radial Engineering Pro D2 Stereo Direct Box
Power - Live Wire Power Conditioning Distribution System
Monitors  - (2) FRFR-112 Headrush Stage monitors
Axes - Charvel So Cal Pro Mod-Jackson DK2MQ Pro-Jackson USA Soloist-Ibanez RG3XXV
ADA gear: MP1- MP2 - MT200
Studio gear- way too much to list.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

Hey Trevor, welcome to the depot, how can we help ?, BTW there's a few things you can help us with to give better ideas/advice. So you have an MP1 (one of the best tube preamps on the planet IMO) what firmware is it ? (is displayed on start up, last revision available is v 2.01 EPROM). What tubes are in it and how old are they ? (take off lid and is there anything (writing) on the tubes ?) and lastly how are you connecting it up?  to record ? play live - poweramp cabs etc.
Cheers Richard

My brother to the northern hemisphere LOL
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

pinto79

« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

Thanks for the warm welcomes.

I'm at work so I can't look up the firmware at the moment. The tubes in it are a JJ ECC83S and a Sovtek 12AX7-LPS. Tubes aren't new but not all that old either. I swap them around out of my assortment depending on my mood.

My rig consists of a number of OD and distortion boxes, rack and pedal modulation and time effects and EQs along with a few preamps (Marshall JMP-1, H&K Attax and the MP-1) and a Peavey Classic 50/50 power amp into a 4x12 cab made by a Vancouver company called SPL, running in stereo, loaded with Celestion G12T-75s and G12P-80s. My guitars are a selection of Fender and Ibanez, most of which are loaded with EMG or Duncan active pickups.

The repairs I'm looking into are mostly basic function ones such as the jacks in the rear that have seen better days and likely routine stuff like caps and stuff to keep it reliable. Likely a noise mod if the rest of the repairs don't quiet it down a bit. It's not extremely noisy, but a bit more than I would like.

I'll go into detail in the proper forum for the repairs.

Hey Trevor, welcome to the depot, how can we help ?, BTW there's a few things you can help us with to give better ideas/advice. So you have an MP1 (one of the best tube preamps on the planet IMO) what firmware is it ? (is displayed on start up, last revision available is v 2.01 EPROM). What tubes are in it and how old are they ? (take off lid and is there anything (writing) on the tubes ?) and lastly how are you connecting it up?  to record ? play live - poweramp cabs etc.
Cheers Richard

My brother to the northern hemisphere LOL

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

Hey Trevor

Hi and welcome to the depot. :thumb-up:

Chamai

« Reply #5 on: Time Format »

welcome!

you in Vancouver bc by any chance?
ADA MP1/JCM800-- Fulltone TERC/ Eventide Eclipse /Lexicon PCM 81/ TC G Major. Marshall 9005 stereo/ (2) Rocktron 1x12 cabs
Amps:
Marshall JCM 800 100w on Orange 2x12
Marshall JCM 900 MKiii 50W 2x12
Mesa Dual Rectifier 100w on Mesa Rectifier 2x12

Guitars:
2008 Gibson Les Paul standard
2012 Fender American standard Telecaster
1984 Krammer ZX30H

pinto79

« Reply #6 on: Time Format »

welcome!

you in Vancouver bc by any chance?

I am in the Vancouver area, I'm in North Delta. Are we neighbours?

Chamai

« Reply #7 on: Time Format »

pretty much, im in richmond
ADA MP1/JCM800-- Fulltone TERC/ Eventide Eclipse /Lexicon PCM 81/ TC G Major. Marshall 9005 stereo/ (2) Rocktron 1x12 cabs
Amps:
Marshall JCM 800 100w on Orange 2x12
Marshall JCM 900 MKiii 50W 2x12
Mesa Dual Rectifier 100w on Mesa Rectifier 2x12

Guitars:
2008 Gibson Les Paul standard
2012 Fender American standard Telecaster
1984 Krammer ZX30H
Pages: [1]   Go Up