ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need a Schematic? Check the Vault *MP-1 Classic Schematics Just Added!!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: NAD Victoria Victorilux  (Read 5257 times)

Slimjim

• ADA Since 1987
    • YouTube
NAD Victoria Victorilux
« on: Time Format »

The seller used this video to demo the actual amp, which I haven't received, but an excellent demo by comparison. Often referred to as the AB763 circuit, the Vibrolux has been on the wish list for many many years. It will be my only actual spring reverb amp. The split format, separate 2x12, the George Alessandro 12's, the cool black tweed tolex, the monster clean tone, all selling points that I couldn't resist. I mulled it for weeks, worked and saved (my hands are sore) and pulled the plug. In a week or so, my wife will find out.  :facepalm:

Should probably roll camera on that reaction...
Les Paul Traditional, ES-335 Lemonburst, Explorer 120, Ibanez UV77 SVR, Suhr PT Sig Std, Rickenbacker 620-12, ESP E-II M-II, Fender H.E.R. Stratocaster, Xaviere XV-900, Buscarino,  
Peavey Classic 50/50, Mesa Stereo 2:100, Marshall EL34 50/50, Marshall JMP, Victoria Sovereign, Victoria Victorilux
________
Sound Sculpture Switchblade GL (x2), Eventide Orville, Eventide H8000fw, TC Electronic 1210, Great River MP2-NV, Phoenix Audio DRS-Q4, Dave Hill Designs Europa 1(x2), UK Sound 1173
_______
Fireface UC, Fireface UFX, Hosa Format Converters
______
Fishman Tripleplay, Spectrasonics Keyscape, Omnisphere, Italo DeAngelis Sound Library
_____
Surface Pro 4, FL Studio 20, EZD2.0, Fabfilter ProQ2, Gullfoss, Waves CLA-3A, CLA-2A, CLA-76, API-2500, SSL G-Series Comp

vansinn

Re: NAD Victoria Victorilux
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

Uh oh, a lovely sounding combo, and very flexible too.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

Hey Slimjim, nice  :thumb-up: (how many amps does a guitar player need, mmm just one more), so nice, so analogue... beautiful tones... and spring reverb and bucket brigade time shift is so organic
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

In a week or so, my wife will find out.  :facepalm:

Should probably roll camera on that reaction...

Take my advice, buy her the drapes or comforter she's been asking for. Have them ready beforehand. Trust me, it's cheaper that way.

I like the way that amp sounds, and the way it blooms with tone based upon the picking attack. Very nice.
« Last Edit: Time Format by Dante »

vansinn

« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

(how many amps does a guitar player need, mmm just one more)

Indeed, the more the better, especially when finances later runs low - 'cause, as Kim would say, "sell the furniture, you can sit on amps"
I'm of course thinking of selling the Swiss De Sete sofa :lol:

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
« Reply #5 on: Time Format »

Nice Amp!

It sounds like my Fender Vibrolux Reverb on a 2x12 cab :thumb-up: It just goes to show that nothing beats a classic amp tone. I'm glad I hung on to four of my old Fenders.

Harley 8)
I only have two brain cells left, ...and I'm saving them for the weekend!

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #6 on: Time Format »

Just got my 73 Marshall back from the tech, new power caps got rid of the hum, then he managed to bust the tubes (amp rolled on them  :facepalm: ) so now it's got 2 new Mullard EL34s and he fixed the bias circuit (apparently).  He also wired one jack direct to poweramp (thanks MJMP  :whoohoo!: ) It sounds great but is sooo loud. I haven't tried it with MP1 direct into the power amp yet but will soon  >:D
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few
Pages: [1]   Go Up