• Welcome to ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear.

Positive Grid JamUp Pro/Bias recording (on an iPhone 4S)

Started by Systematic Chaos, October 09, 2014, 02:33:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Systematic Chaos

Attached is a short solo clip I did to the backing track of Dream Theater Overture 1928.
I recorded this on an iPhone 4s with a cheapo iRig interface running JamUp Pro as instrument in GarageBand.
Sloppy playing, I know  :facepalm: :facepalm: but I think the sound/tone quality of that App is quite ok for the fact that this was recorded on a mobile phone ;-)
(Listen with headphones....PC/Laptop speakers won´t do justice....)

rnolan

Hey SC, came out quite well considering (I liked the guitar lines BTW). Through studio monitors, sounds a bit compressed, lacks a bit of sparkle (16 - 18khz), my 2 cents worth
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

El Chiguete

THAT test makes me want to get an Iphone/Ipad for my bday on the end of the month to have this as my go-to traveling, home practice, band practice, fun recording rig!!!

Basicly copying your iPad/Postive Grid Bias and JamUp Pro XT/Roland UA-22 Duo Capture EX/Peak Midi Board.

One quick question, can you make different routings for the effects and the amp (parallel, wet/dry, or simulate having a mixer to get the wet/dry together in stereo) or just in series?
Before you see the light, you must die!!!

'87 Kramer Stagemaster Custom
'81 Kramer Pacer Standard
custom made Les Paul
ADA MP1
Rane MPE 28
Lexicon MPX-G2
Epiphone Valve Jr. moded!!!

AFFA
Support Your Local 81

Systematic Chaos

The FX are just in series, but the FX order can be altered to gusto (pre / post amp)....but for a 20$ App that´s a no-brainer. For practicing and rehearsing it´s more than sufficient. For an ad-hoc live gig nobody will hear a difference between series or parallel once the drummer counts in the song ;-)
For recording you can always record the amp dry and then add FX later.

That crappy lil track I did was straight JamUp into Garageband, no bells nor whistles.