Other ADA Gear > Step On It!

MC-1 and Quadraverb

(1/2) > >>

jjspelman:
I just received an old MC-1 midi controller. Can I use this to switch programs on a Quadraverb? I have been trying for two hours but no luck. I believe I have the same midi channels on both devices so I am not sure if this will work or not. Any help is appreciated.

kawai2g4b:
It should, I am able to use mine with my Roland GP-8 and Lexicon MX200.  Dante uses a Quadraverb so he will be able to tell you.  That and there are a couple other Quadraverb user on here as well.

El Chiguete:
Probably have to set them both to the same MIDI Channel?

kawai2g4b:
I have them set to "All receive".  My MIDI rigs are very simple so I can get away with that setup.  But i checked on the Quadraverb reference manual, of which I will PM you with, which says there is an "Omni" mode, which is their lingo for setting it to "All Channel Recieve".  On page 81, it shows how you can set the MIDI receive channel to match that of the MC-1 or vice-versa and get that to work.

jjspelman:
I saw that in the manual that I also found online. I thought it just meant it would accept the connection from the MC-1 regardless of what channel was selected.

I will certainly try that.

Thank you for your time!!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version