Other ADA Gear > Step On It!

Any ideas why my Quad switch ain't workin?

(1/4) > >>

Dante:
Here's the story: I use my quad switch to turn some effects on/off in my Boss GX-700 while using my MP-1 Classic for all the amp voicing. I picked up another GX-700 recently and today I did a midi dump into the new unit. (what a great feature that is). Now, my quad switch doesn't switch anything on/off anymore. Not in either unit. wtf?

I have changed absolutely nothing as far as settings, it just no workie. I tried rebooting, and the settings all appear to be correct in the GX-700. What gives?

I can live without the quad switch, but it sure makes my life easier....I have a gig this weekend, so I may just revert to the combo amp for that.

rnolan:
Hey Dante, bummer  :( , so the difference is you did a midi dump from one boss thingy to the other (allegedly same/equal) now it's all tits up (midi CC wise) ?, I'm sure your way ahead of me here but first thing I'd look at is CC assignment check (have the dumps defaulted CC assignments ? does that matter (probably?) i.e. they may not be transferred, but both units affected... depends on how the dump works..).  I'd proffer that a midi dump doesn't include CC assignments (as not all midi units handle CC), they "may" have defaulted, and you might have to reprogram the CC assignments (in both bossy units).

Dante:
Yes, all the CC assignments are fine. It's strange

MarshallJMP:
Did you try the midi monitor in the MP-2?

Do the leds go on on the quad when you push the switches?

Dante:
I have not tried the Midi Monitor, i will do that this evening.

Yes, all the lights work like before  :???:

WAIT...UPDATE: It is working with my original GX-700, not with the new one. I checked all the midi settings, they're fine, i think the unit is just busticated - it won't see the CC program changes...oh well, it's a backup unit.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version