Other ADA Gear > Other MIDI Footswiches

DIY midi controller for MP2

(1/3) > >>

jimnastic:
Hi again,
Apologies for cluttering up the Mp2 forum, and please let me know if you think it would be better placed elsewhere! But...
I couldn’t get my hands on an ADA midi controller for my MP2 and just had to use it for gigs. So, I built one!
In short, it uses ArduinoCode and Atmega mega to recall 10 program change messages and 2 “pedals”, one CC midi Volume and 1 which I assign on a patch by patch basis for things like wah, chorus depth or fx loop levels.

Most of the info is found on the web, but if you’re on with a soldering iron it’s pretty easy to put a specific controller together that fits your needs.

If anyone is waiting for that ebay bargain midi controller to pop up INSTEAD I highly recommend thinking about a DIY effort to make use of all those glorious MP2 parameters waiting to be twiddled with live!
If anyone is interested I’m happy posting up more details or some drawings or code? (I’ve tried attachinga photo which is my “prototype!”)

vansinn:
Cool project :bow:
Yeah, let's see some pics of the wonder..

Kim:
Yes, very cool project idea.   :thumb-up:

However, we're not seeing an attached photo.....

rnolan:
Hey jimnastic, lots of interest here  :thumb-up: , great project.  Weve been having some issues with attachment limits for a while now, you should be able to post 20MB but lately (regardless of the forums settings) it seems limited to 1.5 MB or maybe a little more.  If you try attaching a photo and it won't work, try reducing the size (and meanwhile maybe Dante can get our hosting ISP to work out why we are being limited  :dunno: ).

jimnastic:
hey,
so here's a picture of the prototype and a schematic. A bit of code is also needed for the Arduino but that isn't going to prove too interesting unless you want to build it :)

basically i just recall 10 preset MP2 patches (is that what you do on the MXC?) and use the 2 foot pedals (one is a modified wah/volume) to do stereo volume "globally" and each patch has a specific parameter (like a fender tone with pedal mids control)

Anyone use a midi controller on the mp2 and got any useful tips/uses?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version