ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please note "Depot New Registrations Temporarily Suspended" Please see discussions for how to register.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: new ADA product: ADA Definition...  (Read 4727 times)

El Chiguete

new ADA product: ADA Definition...
« on: Time Format »

Guys check this out:

http://www.premierguitar.com/articles/21279-ada-unveils-the-definition-preamp

I read the description but not sure what they want to do with it  :???: ??? :facepalm:
Before you see the light, you must die!!!

'87 Kramer Stagemaster Custom
'81 Kramer Pacer Standard
custom made Les Paul
ADA MP1
Rane MPE 28
Lexicon MPX-G2
Epiphone Valve Jr. moded!!!

AFFA
Support Your Local 81

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
Re: new ADA product: ADA Definition...
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

Hey El, they seem to be going retro with both the APP-1 and the Definition, it's the kind of stuff that will work well with heads or combo's and I wish I'd had when I first bought my 1972 Marshall 50 (no master vol back then..), but then they made the MP1 mmm and MP2MMMM. The Definition is basically a really clean SS analogue preamp to drive the front end/input of whatever. So e.g. a clean FenderTwin channel will be crunchy etc (coz your shoving more signal/gain in).
From the link you posted, re-amping (if you are into it) would be the main reason to use one.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

GuitarBuilder

« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

It's a Buffer.  Very useful in studios or stages with long cables.
ADA and Rockman Heads
Marshall amps
Strats and Les Pauls

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

Ahh hadn't thought of that  :thumb-up: . So you can go more than 25 feet without top end loss.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

El Chiguete

« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

I've been thinking about how good is to have something that would help on using long cables... but shouldn't make more sence that that ¨UNIT¨ would be used in the belt or guitar strap so that you run a short cable to it and then a long cable to the pedalboard or amp? I meen if you run a 25 feet cable to this ADA Definition pedal and then to the pedalboard or amp isn't the top end loss allready there???
Before you see the light, you must die!!!

'87 Kramer Stagemaster Custom
'81 Kramer Pacer Standard
custom made Les Paul
ADA MP1
Rane MPE 28
Lexicon MPX-G2
Epiphone Valve Jr. moded!!!

AFFA
Support Your Local 81

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
« Reply #5 on: Time Format »

I've been thinking about how good is to have something that would help on using long cables... but shouldn't make more sense that that ¨UNIT¨ would be used in the belt or guitar strap so that you run a short cable to it and then a long cable to the pedalboard or amp? I meen if you run a 25 feet cable to this ADA Definition pedal and then to the pedalboard or amp isn't the top end loss allready there???

Hey....what are you tryin to do, make sense here?  :nono:
 :lol:

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #6 on: Time Format »

I've been thinking about how good is to have something that would help on using long cables... but shouldn't make more sence that that ¨UNIT¨ would be used in the belt or guitar strap so that you run a short cable to it and then a long cable to the pedalboard or amp? I meen if you run a 25 feet cable to this ADA Definition pedal and then to the pedalboard or amp isn't the top end loss allready there???

Well i guess you're right.Maybe send ADA an email explaining your observation  :lol:

kawai2g4b

« Reply #7 on: Time Format »

I can tell you for sure that this box will work magic on a large pedal board.  I had to get one for my 14 pedal monstrosity to boost signal after my army of octave fuzzes.  Still, this thing will have to be otherworldly good for me to drop that change on a boost.

My preference is to have a switchable analog boost built into the guitar itself a la Aria Pro TS, active circuit 70's Ibanez, and my Kawai F-1, but with a better preamp design.  Only downside of that is if you use fuzz then your tone will get fried and crispy in all the wrong ways from overloading.  For that matter, I need to start another thread.
Pearce G2R with ADA TFX4 in loop.
ADA MB-1/B500B
And other non ADA stuff.

Kawai AQ-500 guitar, Korean Fender Lite Ash Strat, Electra X930 MPC modded, G&L L2K basses, Peavey T40, Fernandes basses.
Pages: [1]   Go Up