ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please note "Depot New Registrations Temporarily Suspended" Please see discussions for how to register.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MP1 > MP2 (for just MP2 cab sims)  (Read 3767 times)

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
MP1 > MP2 (for just MP2 cab sims)
« on: Time Format »

Ok, as threatened/promised; I plugged my (now my mates) old ADA MP1 into my spare MP2 effect loop returns (which bypasses most of the MP2 except tremolo (off), stereo master vol midi only and room eq (it's good room eq is in chain  :thumb-up: )).  Well if you have a MP1 and MP2 (and I suspect Classic would also work = MP2 ish) you can use the MP2's cab sims with your MP1, sounds great just tried it. MP2 on totally flat patch, Crystal Clean and OD 1 - 0 (not that they're in the signal path but just for noise??).  The MP1 (still has my old high volume stage patches) sounded great this way, I found that the MP2's room eq worked best at "Full" as in full counter clockwise (added a bit of bottom end which the sound seemed to lack through studio monitors (not live  >:D )), sounded crap (compressed/lifeless) with the room eq in the middle position, and good (albeit a bit thin in full clockwise) bright position (would be fine with a little bit of bottom end boost on your desk however).  But this is with my old MP1 patches.... You can here the MP1 Live (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIr9nZ4aJfo)( - Tom Anderson Pro Am > MP1 > 8 Chan Mixer, Quadverb off aux 1/2, DSP 33 smart shift off aux 3, all return stereo, > B200s > stereo quad box) lots of the backing and 3rd solo. Listening to it, it's very different from the MP2, I now understand much better why (some of) you guys like the 3TM, playing the (old) Mp1 again after the Mp2, I like the extra gain of the Mp2 but I reaLLY LIKE The mp1 tone....  Thinks its time to get an ULTRA +  8)
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
Re: MP1 > MP2 (for just MP2 cab sims)
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

BTW I think I turned on the ground lift (it's on the back and hard to see...)

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

Oh and maybe I should mention, the song I played (ish, I played other stuff to) to test this was Queen Hammer to Fall.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

Here I go again...I just went back to guitar> Mp2, Mp2 Cab Sims > desk to compare...... While I like the extra gain of the Mp2 (and it cooks  >:D ), I think the MP1 sounds better, and through the MP2 cab sims, sounds very good, again MJMP, I think I want a MP1 ultra +

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

I have to say at the end of this test (I'm about to go to bed..) I just fell in love with the MP1 again, I love my MP2's (and all their features) but the MP1 is awesome (lacks a little gain comparatively (and no real time midi....), so 3TM makes good sense.... have to try it...)
Pages: [1]   Go Up