ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Let us never forget our beloved founder - RIP Jurrie, we all miss you very much

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Positive Grid Bias & JamUp Pro  (Read 4882 times)

Systematic Chaos

• Administrator
  • Blood type: Becks Positive
Positive Grid Bias & JamUp Pro
« on: Time Format »

So I went out with colleagues after work last week to hit some bars, finally settled in small club in old-town Cologne where a Blues-Rock band was playing and jamming along.....immediately noticed the awesome tone the guitarist was pushing through the small Club-PA.
Moved in to get a peek at the gear but saw no amp, no (real) pedalboard, no POD,.... That guy just had an iPad Mini, a Roland Interface and a 4 Button Midi-Switch. Line-Out cable direct to Mixer, that´s it.
Bought the guy a beer after their set and did some shop-talk and he then showed me his set-up.
He was running Guitar>Roland Duo Capture (Interface, connected to Midi board)>iPad>Mixer.
He was using Positive Gris Bias and JamUp Pro on the iPad.
Downloaded both Apps on my iPhone 4S last weekend, connected with an Apogee Jam 96K interface....and was stunned!!!
Seriously, this gives Line6 HD Pods, 11R and (imho) even the AxeFx a serious run for the money.
I´m just in the beginnings of exploring all options/possibilities (totally modify all aspects of a (virtual)tube amp....) but for rehearsing, practicing at home and even some recording this App(s) is AWESOME!!!!

Here´s a LINK

El Chiguete

Re: Positive Grid Bias & JamUp Pro
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

I think this is helping push the day when I say ¨f*ck it... I'll sell all my gear, buy an app and spend the rest on a stripper¨ a little sooner!
Before you see the light, you must die!!!

'87 Kramer Stagemaster Custom
'81 Kramer Pacer Standard
custom made Les Paul
ADA MP1
Rane MPE 28
Lexicon MPX-G2
Epiphone Valve Jr. moded!!!

AFFA
Support Your Local 81

GuitarBuilder

« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

I can't say enough great things about Positive Grid Bias - it is fantastic!

Particularly with the new generation iPads and Audiobus 2, these little devices have become serious gigging tools.  They are definitely better suited for stage than laptops and have more computing power than most of the latter.

John Walden does a great job of reviewing and recommending iOS apps in his blog:

http://www.musicappblog.com/

And yes, El Chiguete, it will save you a ton of money!
ADA and Rockman Heads
Marshall amps
Strats and Les Pauls

Systematic Chaos

• Administrator
  • Blood type: Becks Positive
« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

Awesome blog, tks for the Link!

El Chiguete, I hear you  8)
And yes, an App can´t substitute (imho) for 2x 90W pure SimulClass frenzy pushing air. And even though my neighbors don´t know who Randall Smith is, they hate him  8) 8)
So for practicing, working on ideas or just having a plan B if at a gig at any given time, one of your screen grid resistors goes boom, this App (and many others) come in handy.
With the quality of Bias and the possibilities, I´d have no problem plugging in to the PA and lay it down.
Also, creativity and possibilities let me/you design or alter (virtual) circuitry/components to my likings...So I know it´s not the real deal, but I can e.g. "build" the most bada$$ (virtual) IIC+ on steroids and have fun with it. 

I´ll check it out with an iPad 4G this weekend and I´m waiting for PosGrid to release Bias Desktop to harness the computing power of a new MacBook Pro....
« Last Edit: Time Format by Systematic Chaos »

El Chiguete

« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

Funny that the Iphone app costs $19.99 and the Ipad app costs $4.99.
Before you see the light, you must die!!!

'87 Kramer Stagemaster Custom
'81 Kramer Pacer Standard
custom made Les Paul
ADA MP1
Rane MPE 28
Lexicon MPX-G2
Epiphone Valve Jr. moded!!!

AFFA
Support Your Local 81
Pages: [1]   Go Up