ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please note "Depot New Registrations Temporarily Suspended" Please see discussions for how to register.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sneaky Question, Ethics...  (Read 2696 times)

McLeanAB

• Adam's Music
Sneaky Question, Ethics...
« on: Time Format »

Hey all!

To those much more technically savvy than me... let's say I have a digital pedal, small format, simple parameters, just basic chorus/flange, delay, verb.  Sort of a fly pedal.  It's digital, which means it uses a chip of some sort...

Don't some of you guys possess equipment that might be able to read that chip, and alter some basic parameters of the effects?  For instance, in said pedal you can't adjust the depth of the chorus, only the rate... would you be able to adjust the depth using some sort of fun equipment?  And perhaps EQ some of the high end of the chorus off?  In addition, EQ some of the highs out on the delay too?

Is this another pipe dream?  Is this unethical to do to someone else's design?  Does this get into the 'math' in the digital realm so it would be impossible?

Any and all thoughts, please!
-Adam
ISP Theta Preamp, ISP Theta PRO, ISP Theta Combo and Vector 2x12 with Celestion Alnico Creams, and Charvel Wildcards with EMGs!

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
Re: Sneaky Question, Ethics...
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

Most of these designs use a DSP and there are so many on the market all with their own software. So I'm not saying it can't be done but it would be very hard to do so and you need also the skills and the material to do it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up