ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need a Schematic? Check the Vault *MP-1 Classic Schematics Just Added!!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Backups  (Read 1561 times)

Nick Teeuwen

• Let us never forget our beloved founder - RIP Jur
Backups
« on: Time Format »

Hello everyone,

Today I'm beginning with taking backups of the ADAdepot Website and the blog of Jurrie. I'm now backupping the blog.

Backupping of the ADAdepot site will taking a day or less, idk how big this site is. I will store it on my computer and when it is needed, I will host it on my domain https://nicksoftcorporation.ml/

Have a nice day!

Nick Teeuwen
Let us never forget our beloved founder - RIP Jurrie, we all miss you very much

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
Re: Backups
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

Hey Nick, are you talking about the old site or this one?  They are 2 very different things.  The .htm that I attached for you has some of the old site, the rest is (as I understand it) on some disks that I think VannSinn has  :dunno: , on those disks is "the blog of Jurrie".After your dad passed, the site and all of your dads posts (blog if you like) disappeared.  I think there were some efforts to resurrect it (check with San) but it never got going again.  After some time (years), Dante set this current site (forum) up using SMF and hosts it in the US.  This is just a new version if you like of the forum part of the original site (same/similar idea i.e. keep the old ADA gear going as best we can, but all brand new posts).  All the posts here are from scratch, there are (unfortunately) none of your dads posts here.  This current forum is what we have all made it since Dante set it up, very much in memory of your dad and to continue the work he started.  Basically we exist to help anyone with ADA gear. However, we are now dealing with equipment that is very old so in many ways the focus has changed, how do we keep these great bits of audio equipment up and running.
Cheers R

Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

Hey Nick, please understand that anything you post will not be seen by many instantly so if you want to send an "IMPORTANT MESSAGE" you may want to factor that in.  Our user base is global over many time zones.  The site was offline for a bit, was it you or who knows  :dunno: .  Why is getting a backup of "this" site so important to you?  As I said, there are none of your dads post here, and we already back it up.  Do you want to take it over?? If so you need to talk to Dante, it's actually his site (although he'd probably say it's "our" site).
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

Nick Teeuwen

« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

Hey Nick, please understand that anything you post will not be seen by many instantly so if you want to send an "IMPORTANT MESSAGE" you may want to factor that in.  Our user base is global over many time zones.  The site was offline for a bit, was it you or who knows  :dunno: .  Why is getting a backup of "this" site so important to you?  As I said, there are none of your dads post here, and we already back it up.  Do you want to take it over?? If so you need to talk to Dante, it's actually his site (although he'd probably say it's "our" site).

I'm deleting that message when I'm done. I'll do it just to make sure that all things will be saved  :)

And no, I can't connect to the site when it is online, I think there was a server crash on providers server.

Nick Teeuwen

« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

I've stopped the backup of the website. My laptop can't handle it, the network is to slow.

Duke of Metal

« Reply #5 on: Time Format »

I've stopped the backup of the website. My laptop can't handle it, the network is to slow.
Is the website hosted on a laptop internal to your home? or is it on a hosting service?

If its at home, what are you running it on platform wise?

Nick Teeuwen

« Reply #6 on: Time Format »

Is the website hosted on a laptop internal to your home? or is it on a hosting service?

If its at home, what are you running it on platform wise?

The hosting of adadepot.eu is on a hosting service :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up