ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need a Schematic? Check the Vault *MP-1 Classic Schematics Just Added!!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need some midi mapping help  (Read 3518 times)

fumanii

Need some midi mapping help
« on: Time Format »

Hey everyone!    Glad ADAdepot is back up!    I need your help regarding midi mapping.    If I want to switch to patch 5 on my mp1 and for it to change to patch 30 on my Yamaha SPX90; how would I do that?   I am using an MC1 foot controller.    Thanks!

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
Re: Need some midi mapping help
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

Wow, another SPX90 owner, I have one in my little PA rack, great for snare reverb.
Ok so the SPX90 is very early midi so IIRC doesn't support midi mapping within it (but worth checking). So you have to do it in your MP1. I can think of 2 ways to do it, edit the MP1 midi change table so when it gets 30 from MC1 it changes to 5 internally (and run SPX off either the MP1 midi through or midi out) and select 30 on MC1 (obviously), or you may prefer (and it's probably a bit more intuitive) run the SPX off the MP1 midi out and adjust the MP1 change table to spit out 30 when it receives 5 from the MC1 (this is primarily what the MP1 midi out is for so you use whatever patch in the FX you want with any MP1 patch). Also read up on "panel" mode as changing the MP1 patch with its front buttons (as you tend to when editing patches) can either send midi out change or not.
Have a read of the manual(s), the ADA manuals are pretty good and explain it fairly well. I think I have a SPX90 manual somewhere (hard copy) but you may find it online  :dunno: Anyway option 2 above is probably the best way and how the MP1 was designed.
Watch out though, MP1 and MC1 is 1 - 128, many FX units are 0 - 127 (in which case you'd need to send out 31 from MP1 to get 30 on the FX)
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

fumanii

« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

cool!   Thanks for the info.   I am gonna try and mess with it!   

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

No worries, enjoy the journey  :thumb-up:
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few
Pages: [1]   Go Up